About Praxair Surface Technologies
Praxair Surface Technologies (PST), a [ Link removed ] company, offers a comprehensive array of high-performance coatings and technologies to the aviation, energy and other industries. By continuously advancing coatings technologies, PST helps customers improve environmental performance, decrease energy consumption, extend component life, improve productivity, minimize downtime, reduce operating costs and produce high-quality products. Additional information can be found at [ Link removed ] .
PST is currently seeking a Logistics Specialist. This position will be based out of the PST facility located in Orangeburg, NY This position reports into Operations and will have direct responsibility for leading the daily shipping and receiving operations to ensure business objectives are met in a safe and efficient manner. The candidate will have demonstrated ability to balance competing priorities, participate on project teams, complete process mapping and develop policy/procedures. This position will also have responsibility for inbound and outbound shipments and will play a key role in developing, implementing, and maintaining the systems that facilitate the transportation to customers and external contractors. This is a “hands-on” role with the expectation that the incumbent will help with activities and transactions on an as needed basis.
- Develop and implement efficient shipping management procedures.
- Timely receipt of all raw materials, subcontractor services and purchased products.
- Responsible for ensuring inventory records and transaction activities associated with movement of material are accurately recorded in Oracle.
- Monitor and report on transportation KPI's (safety, quality, delivery, velocity, cost).
- Ensure that all finished goods conform to specifications, are properly labeled, packaged, and shipped when requested. Arrange for expedited shipping when needed.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and legislated regulations. Be the site contact with the Global Procurement Trade Compliance Dept.
- Ensure conformance to DOT and IATA regulations.
- Ensure proper documentation and record retention for all Imports and Exports.
- Manage order fulfillment and communication with freight forwarders and transportation carriers.
- Perform freight cost analysis and make recommendations / implement improvements (optimization of carriers, consolidation, packaging methods, etc.)
- Manage inventory of shipping supplies. Obtain quotes for new or irregular supplies.
- Create a repository of standard work for all activities required to operate the department and a “body of knowledge” of needed information and skills.
- Minimum of a high School diploma or equivalent. Will consider previous work experience in lieu of degree Years of experience
- Minimum of (5) years combined experience in supply chain, logistics, inventory control, or warehouse management.
- Proficient in standard logistics software.
- Candidate should have strong problem solving, effective communication and organizational skills to be successful in this role
- Flexible schedule to support production needs
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
We offer a comprehensive benefits program that supports our employees’ and their families’ wellbeing and provides the tools and resources our employees need to make well-informed decisions about their physical and financial future.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
Salary and job level commensurate with experience
- Business Planning
- Consolidation (Financial)
- Import/Export Logistics
- Logistics Operations