To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- New York, NY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Intake Liaison Registered Nurse (RN)
Cassena Care • New York, NY
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
CenterLight Healthcare CHHA is an innovative managed care organization that excels in providing long-term healthcare services is currently seeking experienced on-site Hospital Based Intake Registered Nurse (RN) We are looking for RNs for Manhattan
Position Summary: The Nurse Liaison facilitates the transferof patients from a hospital to the care of the home health agency in compliancewith applicable laws, regulations and Agency policies.
Job responsibilitiesmay include but are not limited to:
- Interprets and implements the Agency’sphilosophy to staff and members of the community.
- Works with the Hospital team (physician, socialworker, discharge planner, skilled nursing facility staff and or nurse) toassess patient’s home-care needs, safety and establish a discharge plan.
- Interviews patients and family to assess thepatient’s understanding of illness and determine patient’s home environment andsupport system.
- Evaluates patient’s level of comprehension ifprocedures and/or treatment need to be performed, e.g. insulin injections,dressings, ostomy care.
- Discusses with medical staff, treatment inhospital, and the patient’s response to illness.
- Screen/review the referral for appropriate levelof care and if meets criteria for services being ordered
- Explains home health agency services andpolicies to patient and family.
- Investigates and verifies insurance to ensurecoverage criteria is met, notifies patient/family of any financial co-pays andrequirements required to obtain home care services. (i.e., CMS face-to-facerequirements)
- Assesses third-party coverage and determines ifcoverage is sufficient to cover the patient’s needs at home. Discusses withpatient and family other community resources, where appropriate.
- Makes referrals to other agencies if additionalservices are needed, such as meals from a nutrition center, volunteer services,etc.
- Arranges for special medical supplies and/orequipment needed, in coordination with discharge planner or social worker.
- •Assures that the home health agency is ready tomeet the patient’s needs at discharge by communicating the information to thehome health agency regarding the patient and by arranging for the Agency’sstaff to learn unfamiliar procedures related to the patient’s
- Provides feedback to hospital health team and/orskilled nursing facility after the patient’s discharge.
- CurrentNew York State license as a Registered Nurse.
- Bachelorof Science degree in Nursing from an approved school is preferred.
- One-twoyears of community health experience in a Certified Home Health Agency (CHHA)or Long Term Home Health Care Program (LTHHCP).
- Bilingual in English/Mandarin/Cantonese speaking preferred
We are an EOE