CMA CGM, founded by Jacques R. Saadé, is a leading worldwide shipping group. Its 504 vessels call more than 420 ports in the world on all 5 continents. In 2017, they carried 18.9 million TEUs (twenty-foot equivalent units).
Now headed by Rodolphe Saadé, CMA CGM enjoys a continuous growth and keeps innovating to offer its customers new maritime, terrestrial, and logistical solutions.
With a presence in 160 countries and through its 755 agencies network, the Group employs more than 30,000 people worldwide, including 2,400 in its headquarters in Marseilles.
This position will be responsible to:
Develop, streamline, implement, and maintain data sources, data analytics systems including dashboards for use in analysis, reporting, and forecasting
Budget and Forecasting
- Use statistical techniques of data mining, predictive modeling, and scenario analysis to perform regression analysis establishing proper correlation and causation between key data sets
Financial Variance Analysis
- Perform budget vs actual and trend variance analysis to provide detailed and robust variance explanations
- -Regularly meet with key stakeholders to further confirm and validate analysis findings and gather information on actions taken by the responsible departments to correct and improve financial performance
- Find, implement and follow initiatives or projects willing to optimize group margin
- Perform Cost Control missions in the network to identify initiatives (“In the Field”)
- Compile financial and operational data into single source of truth providing detailed cost/revenue evolutions and explanations of variations and actions taken to improve financial performance
P2P Support & Control
- Collect stevedoring, port and depot contracts and update OTM
- Maintain and optimize tools like VCR to minimize manual invoice booking and controls including accrual review of abnormal estimates
- Monitor Agency and SSC performance and KPIs and perform P2P support missions in SSC to improve process and correct recurrent issues (“In the Field”)
- Miscellaneous related duties or projects as assigned.
Skill Sets / Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 2-4 years of industry experience required
- Experience with SAP/COGNOS
- Experience in analytics, forecasting, and project management
- Experience in finance and/or container shipping operations
- Experience with reporting information to top management
- Advanced working knowledge of container shipping industry
- Advanced working knowledge in data analytics and presentation of information
- Solid knowledge of accounting principles
- Basic knowledge in project management
- Advanced skill with Microsoft Office products with emphasis on Excel, and Access
- Ability to work under stress and tight deadlines with high level of accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to communicate orally and in writing with strong presentation skills
- Advanced problem solving and analytical skills
- Proven ability to work independently and in team environment
- Accepts responsibility and accountability with focus on results
- Ability to monitor and manage priorities and work on multiple tasks concurrently
- Ability to develop processes and design process manuals
- Ability to read and interpret contractual agreements
- Ability to train other team members
CMA CGM (America) LLC is committed to equal employment opportunity for all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected classification.