About Working at Commerce
Wouldn’t it be great to build your career at a bank that’s known for helping people with their financial challenges? That’s exactly what you’d be doing when you join the team at Commerce Bank. We’re looking for teammates who are ready to do whatever it takes to help our customers with their everyday financial needs. You’d be helping yourself too, because Commerce has a tradition of recognizing and rewarding team members for their talent, skills and contributions.
No wonder we’ve been an industry leader for over 150 years and have developed a reputation as a great place to work in the financial services world. If you’d like to be a part of a team and culture that is respected by its peers and in your community, we should talk. We’re always looking for the best and brightest.
About This Job
The Collector contributes to the Bank’s ongoing goal of maintaining low delinquency and low gross losses on current Bankcard accounts. The Collector l is a critical position in the bank that is responsible for helping customers understand their financial obligations and help to prevent or limit potential losses to the bank. You’ll be responsible for consumer and corporate credit cards, secured and unsecured loans, and real estate open and closed-ended loans.
This is a very important position that can have a huge impact on the Bank’s bottom line. You’ll need to be a helpful, clear communicator who is empathetic to our customers yet firm in making sure they live up to their obligations.
This is a fast paced job so you’ll need to able to perform in an independent, resourceful manner and show a high degree of problem-solving skill.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to talk.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with consumers to determine
cause of delinquency and resolve payment issue.
- Initiate contact by utilization of auto-dialer/phone in a fast-paced environment.
- Contribute to the Bank’s ongoing goal of maintaining low delinquency and low
gross losses on current Bankcard accounts, through high productive use of a
predictive dialer and other means to make contact with customer.
- Meet and/or exceed roll rate goals each month.
- Meet and/or exceed projected weekly productivity goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Flexible scheduling, with weekly prime-time hours required (5:00pm-9:00pm
Monday - Thursday, Friday afternoon 1:00pm-5:00pm, or Saturday 8:00am-
- This position may be eligible for remote work opportunity
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- Motivated and organized self-starter with strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Inquisitive, agile and strong team player with excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to remain adaptable and resilient to all situations with an optimistic outlook and cast a positive shadow that is aligned with our culture and Core Values
- Basic level proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of Accurint, Experian, Trans Union, E-Oscar
- Familiarity with the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.
- Skip tracing experience
- Experience with a predictive dialer and operating a computer to retrieve
and enter information
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- 1+ years customer service/collections experience
This role is eligible for a $500 bonus with an initial payment of $250 after 3 months and the other half after 6 months, on application received May 2021 - August 2021 (External hires only)
Location: 811 Main St, Kansas City, Missouri 64105
- Hardworking And Dedicated
- Team Working
- Positive Attitude