Job ID: 160603
Jack B. Parson Companies, is a CRH Company. Our purpose, commitment to the future, and formula for growth is to champion the safety, empowerment, and development of our employees. We strive to be The Preferred Source of quality sand, rock, landscape products, ready-mixed concrete, asphalt, paving and construction services. We succeed as a team by embracing integrity, mutual respect, innovation, service, sustainability, and financial strength.
Job Title: Administrative Assistant Summary:
This is a skilled position requiring the employee to perform a variety of office support functions.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Typing, filing, receipting cash sales and preparing and reconciling bank deposit, data entry, copying, preparing, shipping, and distributing courier packages, composition and editing correspondence, etc…
- Operate office equipment including, but not limited to: telephone switchboard, computers, copiers, fax machines, printers, etc…
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software preferred: Word, Excel, etc…
- Minimum typing speed of 45 words per minute.
- Knowledge of basic office practices and protocol.
- Other duties as assigned per supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write clearly and effectively
- Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- Knowledge of Command Alkon, Internet software, Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.
- Minimum typing speed of 45 words per minute.
- Ability to operate office equipment including, but not limited to: telephone switchboard, computers, copiers, fax machines, printers, etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to sit, talk, or hear.
- Frequently required to sit, climb, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hands and arms above their shoulders.
- Occasionally lifts and/or moves from 10 to 50 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Exposed to normal office working conditions; moving.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Other Skills and Abilities
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs.
- Teamwork – Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Planning/Organizing – Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Initiative – Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance.
- Ability to speak Spanish is a plus.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Jack B. Parson Companies is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this URL blocked - click to apply.