The Cloud Security Engineer will lead the design, deployment, and operationalization of the Cloud security posture of UnitedHealth Group, with a focus on enabling effective and efficient incident response. This role will be a primary contributor to the Cloud Alignment Team that governs enterprise-wide cloud security strategy, including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS) and will work with operational teams and specialists within the Cloud Service Provider guilds to determine strategic and tactical approaches. The position will report to the Director of Data Analytics and Security Innovation within the Cyber Development and Engineering group of Enterprise Information Security. The Cloud Security Engineer will have very strong interpersonal skills, be a self-starter, and have a desire to maintain enterprise-wide visibility to initiatives related to cloud-based technologies and services. The Cloud Security Engineer is an individual contributor role with deep expertise in Cloud Security and Cloud Incident Response.
Primary responsibilities include:
•Working with internal Cyber Defense, Security Engineering, and business customers to produce meaningful cybersecurity defenses
•Interact with CDO, CDE and other EIS teams and systems owners to enhance cloud security capabilities and help develop custom solutions to security gaps in visibility/capability.
•Identify recurring problems and automated solutions to help scale and expand
•Represent Cyber Development and Engineering in enterprise-wide leadership groups focused on cloud initiatives
•Work effectively across security, engineering, and architecture functions within the organization to affect change and enhance security strategies.
•Design and develop strategies for security logging and monitoring that involve security and engineering customers
•Identify methods to implement or modify security solutions to better protect the enterprise from cyber threats
•Proactively explore emerging technologies and their potential impact on security teams, from the perspective of securing and protecting those technologies
•Recommend and coordinate security strategies across teams, influencing senior leadership
- 5 or more years experience security engineering
- 2 or more years experience with enterprise deployments of cloud native security technologies
- 2 or more years experience with threats and vulnerability management, risk assessments, and security compliance
- 1 or more years experience in public cloud cybersecurity engineering
- Experience in with public cloud service providers
- Demonstrated experience effectively presenting technical topics to business and technology leaders
- Demonstrated experience leading projects and teams focused on innovations and development of security solutions
- Ability to innovate custom solutions with or without reliance on third parties
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained.
- 5 or more years experience in Cybersecurity Defense and Security Operations
- Architecture experience
- Experience in Amazon Web Services and/ or Google Cloud Platform
- Expert knowledge in information technology, including security architecture, protocols, DevOps principles, and serverless infrastructure
- Knowledge of red team, penetration testing, or application security assessments
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.SM
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.