PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To develop, implement, communicate and manage the Company’s safety programs including safety training, as well as promoting the goals and objectives of the Company. MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
1. Establishes and promotes the safety programs for all Company locations.
2. Owns the Company results as it relates to the goals and objectives set for the established safety programs.
3. Reviews safety mandates and ensures the Company’s compliance with all governmental workplace safety standards.
4. Coordinates interdepartmental efforts to ensure a safe and compliant working environment.
5. Establishes, coordinates and directs safety training programs to meet the Company’s training and development needs.
6. Sets meaningful and appropriate goals and objectives for safety training and develops effective plans, policies and programs to attain those goals and objectives.
7. Works with all Company departments to establish their safety training needs and develop plans to meet those needs.
8. Documents safety training programs and offerings to ensure employee development and departmental needs are being met.
9. Reviews, analyses and reports trends in worker’s compensation claims and initiates programs to lower incidence and severity of such claims.
10. Supervises and manages training support personnel as it relates to all projects or related work. Establishes performance requirements, clarifies responsibilities of those supervised, conducts performance appraisals and plans for individual employee improvement.
11. Keeps supervisor informed of important developments, potential problems and related information necessary for effective management. Coordinates/communicates plans and activities with others to ensure a coordinated work effort and team approach.
12. Performs related work as apparent or assigned.QUALIFICATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor's degree in Occupational Safety & Health, Risk Management or related field.
• At least 7 years of experience in leading safety in an operational or functional support role.
• At least 3 years of supervisory experience.
• Experience leading and managing safety processes.
• Experience in distribution and/or manufacturing work environments.
• Experience with Safety compliance and OSHA regulations.
• Experience in process improvement preferred.
• Strong administrative and organizational skills.
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple and varied projects.
• Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with all employee levels.
• Ability to lead cross-functionally in order to achieve Company safety goals.
• Ability to influence employees in their work to contribute to the overall success of Northern.
• Ability to work accurately with details.
• Genuine interest in people-oriented work; must display a positive and caring attitude.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with a wide variety of customers, Company personnel and others.
• Ability to complete tasks and projects within specific time limits.
• Ability to handle confidential information with the utmost discretion.
• Experience with Microsoft Office, including Excel.
• Ability to travel up to 70% of the time by all modes of transportation, including overnight stays and weekends.
• Demonstrates Northern Tool + Equipment’s 12 Core Competencies.
- Safety Training
- Occupational Health And Safety Administration (Osha)
- Performance Appraisal
- Occupational Safety And Health