To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Saint Clair, MO 63077
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
74D Chemical Operations Specialist
Army National Guard • Saint Clair, MO
Posted 2 months ago
Age Requirements: Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
Join the frontlines to protect against some of the world’s most powerful threats. As a Chemical Operations Specialist for the Army National Guard, you will support the country during natural disaster relief efforts and safeguard the nation from chemical and biological warfare.
To perform these functions, you will be trained to expertly handle nuclear, biological, and chemical (NBC) detection and decontamination equipment so you can assist in the application of NBC defense measures. You will also be asked to maintain disaster plans, operate and perform maintenance on smoke generating equipment, and coordinate with civilian personnel on what to do in an emergency.
• Provide training advice and supervision regarding CBRN equipment and operations
Some of the Skills You’ll Learn
• Operation of CBRN decontamination, defense, detection, and monitoring equipment
• Wear and use of protective equipment
• Hazardous Material Certification (at the awareness level)
• Exposure to toxic agents while wearing CBRN protective equipment
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Interest in algebra, chemistry, physics, geometry, and trigonometry
• Ability to plan and organize
• Ability to work calmly under tremendous stress
Through your training, you will develop the skills and experience to enjoy a civilian career in chemistry, chemical engineering, and chemical disposal.
Earn While You Learn
Instead of paying to learn these skills, get paid to train. In the Army National Guard, you will learn these valuable job skills while earning a regular paycheck and qualifying for tuition assistance.
After 10 weeks of Basic Training, where you will learn fundamental Soldiering skills, you will attend 11 weeks of Advanced Individual Training (AIT), which will include a combination of hands-on and classroom training where you will learn defensive procedures for NBC warfare and preparation of emergency plans.
- Paid training
- A monthly paycheck
- Montgomery GI Bill
- Federal and State tuition assistance
- Retirement benefits for part-time service
- Low-cost life insurance (up to $400,000 in coverage)
- 401(k)-type savings plan
- Student Loan Repayment Program (up to $50,000, for existing loans)
- Health care benefits available
- VA home loans
- Bonuses, if applicable
- Most non-prior service candidates will earn between $200 and $250 per drill weekend, subject to change
- Military enlistment in the Army National Guard
- Must be at least a junior in high school, or have a high school diploma or a GED certificate
- Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
- Must be able to pass a physical exam and meet legal and moral standards
- Must meet citizenship requirements (see NATIONALGUARD.com for details)
Requires military enlistment. Programs and benefits are subject to change. Ask your Army National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information. Actual MOS assignment may depend on MOS availability.
This position may qualify for a bonus, ask your National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information.