Career Level Requirement
If you are currently pursuing college coursework or have completed a bachelor’s degree or higher in the past 12 months.
KPMG recruits on a rolling basis. Candidates are considered as they apply, until the opportunity is filled. Candidates are encouraged to apply expeditiously to one role for which they are qualified, that is of the greatest interest.
Start Season & Year: Summer 2024
Earliest Graduation Date: Dec 2024
Latest Graduation Date: Sep 2025
In this ever-changing market environment, our professionals must be adaptable and thrive in a collaborative, team-driven culture. At KPMG, our people are our number one priority. With a wealth of learning and career development opportunities, a world-class training facility and leading market tools, we make sure our people continue to grow both professionally and personally. If you are looking for a firm with a strong team connection where you can be your whole self, have an impact, advance your skills, deepen your experiences, and have the flexibility and access to constantly find new areas of inspiration and expand your capabilities, then consider a career in Valuation.
KPMG's valuation professionals provide clients robust and informed guidance on valuation matters across multiple sectors, deal stages and business needs. We determine fair (market) value of equity shares, assets or complex financial instruments for mergers and acquisitions, financial reporting, tax and other regulatory standards. Our engagements include providing pre and post deal Purchase Price Allocations (PPA), Impairment Testing, employee or management incentive scheme valuations and recurring fund valuations. As a member of our diverse team, you will help high-profile clients understand, analyze, and respond to complex business opportunities and challenges. You have the opportunity to develop your career through a range of multifaceted engagements, formal training, as well as informal mentoring. At KPMG, we put our culture and values front and center. There is nothing more important than investing in our culture because it's an investment in our people, our future, in who we are, and what we stand for.
KPMG is currently seeking an Intern to join our Economic and Valuation Services practice.
- Analyze competitive industry dynamics and financial condition of peer companies, evaluate business plans, adjust financial statements and build financial models, including discounted cash flow analyses, capital asset pricing model, market multiples methods and replacement cost valuation approaches
- Participate in due diligence activities on pending mergers and acquisitions transactions, public-company purchase price allocations, goodwill impairment measurement, international restructurings and private-company fairness opinions
- Research, analyze and communicate the key qualitative factors and quantitative drivers of companies and industries
- Analyze data and prepare documentation of analyses for financial reporting, tax and other business purposes using various data analysis and visualization tools, including MS Excel, MS Access, MS Power BI, Alteryx and similar tools
- Prepare proposals, executive presentations, memos and/or narrative valuation reports detailing our methodologies, inputs and assumptions
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college or university and pursuing the following degrees/majors; Bachelors degree in Accounting, Economics, Business, Finance, or Mathematics
- Upon completion of this internship candidates must have additional academic credits to complete before obtaining their degree and/or CPA eligibility requirements
- Preferred GPA of 3.0 or above
- Coursework or minor in Information Systems, Software Engineering, Computer Science or Data and Analytics is preferred
- Demonstrated quality service mindset and knowledge of finance, financial statement analysis, quantitative and competitive analysis; building complex financial models and efficient manipulation of cumbersome data
- Strong technical aptitude, critical thinking skills and ability to navigate MS Office applications (including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Access, Power BI), Alteryx, Tableau and similar data analysis and visualization tools
- Excellent communication, time management and leadership skills; flexible and adaptable team player; and resourceful in delivering high quality work
- Must reside within a reasonably commutable distance to the office for this position and be able to travel to reasonably commutable work locations using own means of transportation, such as a personal vehicle or public transportation
- Ability to travel and/or work on-site at client premises as needed, at times with relatively short notice
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without the need for employment-based visa sponsorship now or in the future is preferred
KPMG complies with all local/state regulations regarding displaying salary ranges. If required, the salary range(s) are displayed via the URL below. The range is specifically for those potential hires who will work in the location(s) listed. Any offered salary is determined based on relevant factors such as applicant's skills, performance, job responsibilities, prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications and market considerations. In addition, the firm is proud to offer a comprehensive, competitive benefits package, with options designed to help you make the best decisions for yourself, your family, and your lifestyle. Our Total Rewards package includes a variety of medical and dental plans, vision coverage, disability and life insurance, 401(k) plans, and a robust suite of personal well-being benefits to support your emotion and mental health. KPMG provides personal days off per fiscal year depending on job classification, standard work hours and years of service. Additionally, each year the firm publishes a calendar of holidays to be observed during the year. Available benefits are based on eligibility.
Follow this link to obtain salary ranges by city
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG does not currently require partners or employees to be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to KPMG offices, client sites or KPMG events, except when mandated by federal, state or local law. In some circumstances, clients also may require proof of vaccination or testing (e.g., to go to the client site).
- Accounting Control
- Capital Asset Pricing Model