Kelly Engineering has a great Sales Engineer position with a leading company in Rochester NY!
Inside Technical Sales Engineers are the primary technical resource for the field sales force, and are responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation state of the sales process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
• Work directly with customers and field sales force for their technologies inquiries. Review customer inquiry specifications and communicate with customer to determine customer needs. Articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users.
• Customer communications/support throughout the proposal stage, order stage and as well as post order follow-up/support.
• Listen, understand and convey customer requirements.
• Prepare cost estimates and develop technical proposal.
• Work with engineering and procurement for continuous design and cost improvements.
• Complete preliminary technologies designs and calculations along with cost and schedule estimates and develop proposals to secure orders.
• Maintain accurate records to target accounts, opportunities, quotes, projects, and maintain contacts and correspondence in company approved databases.
• Review customer orders and terms and conditions for accuracy and conformance with corporate guidelines and business practice. Enter orders into business system.
• Set up and maintain customer electronic and/or paper files.
• Possible travel to customer sites to promote sales, review applications and proposals and to close orders.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
• B.S. degree in Chemical, Mechanical or Materials Engineering.
• Must possess at least 1-3 years’ related technical experience. Experience in the chemical industry is desirable. Previous sales experience is preferred.
• Must have good communications skills, written and verbal, be a self-starter, able to multi-task, well organized and work autonomously. Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Please apply now!
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity, and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety and flexibility of working on short-term project engagements or prefer contract-to-hire or direct-hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific professional interests.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. URL blocked - click to apply
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: US51FNEH_BH1592609
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
In a recent study, one-third of large companies predicted contingent workforce growth of 50 percent or more.* Kelly Engineering Resources® can help you be a part of this contingent workforce growth opportunity.
Kelly Engineering Resources, a specialty service of Kelly Services®, is focused exclusively on placing skilled engineering professionals in contract, contract-to-hire, and full-time engineering jobs across a full spectrum of related industries and disciplines, including:
Kelly Engineering Resources employees work more than 6 million hours in positions ranging from chemical engineers to robotic technicians to R&D specialists to AutoCAD® designers.
It all began when William R. Kelly—founder of the temporary staffing industry—established Kelly Services® in 1946. The company's traditional expertise started with office services, call center, light industrial, and electronic assembly staffing. Through the years, we expanded our expertise and established a proven record of successfully matching job seekers to opportunities in disciplines such as science, engineering, law, education, healthcare, IT, and finance. As a Fortune 500® company, Kelly® has evolved into a global workforce solutions leader, making employment connections for nearly half a million people around the world every year.
Since our founding, we have embodied the true spirit of social responsibility. Our character and values resonate through our culture. Inherently—through our core business focus—we seek to improve the quality of life for our employees, their families, and their communities, as well as society at large. We embrace the role we play and the value we contribute to society—whether ensuring equal opportunity to employment, promoting safer workplace conditions, advocating for healthcare reform, or adhering to sustainable business practices.
Together with our employees and our customers, we will continue to work toward ensuring that our legacy will remain strong for generations to come. For more than 60 years, people have trusted Kelly Services to help them reach their career goals. We are your proven link to employment opportunities that will pave the way for a successful future. Whoever and wherever you are—and with the right skills and attitude—Kelly can help you find a job, expand your career, and build your future.
*According to “The Emerging New Workforce,” a 2009 report by Littler Mendelson, P.C., an employment and Labor Law solution firm.
View the full profile