$70000.00 to $80000.00 yearly
This position is for a Financial Analyst with effective communication skills. We want to hear from you if you enjoy working as part of a team. Robert Half Finance is seeking a skilled Financial Analyst to join a thriving and growing company. The Financial Analyst will manage financial modeling on various financial products as well as measure, analyze, and forecast performance in conjunction with operating plans. Other daily assignments will include advising management on the allocation of resources to best accomplish objectives and preparing reports for management. If the idea of interacting with team members as a crucial business partner in areas such as forecasting, performance reporting, and expense management excites you, contact Robert Half Finance today. This Financial Analyst role, which is located in the Roanoke, Virginia, is a full-time employment opportunity.
What you get to do every day
- An ideal candidate should be highly flexible, comfortable with large amounts of information, and adept at managing expectations
- Keep track of monthly and quarterly performance by comparing actuals versus expectations and enabling business partners to handle their resources
- Work on monthly and quarterly financial close processes in collaboration with the Accounting team
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners in Accounting and Operations to ensure plans are executed properly
- Drive Area/Segment-level Bookings on a weekly, quarterly and annual basis, as well as P&L forecasting
- Drive monthly reporting to business partners on financial results and if any actions are required
- Analyze performance to date and assess potential risks and opportunities
- Explain and understand internal and external drivers impacting performance and trending
- Deliver effective Business Intelligence (BI) to provide valuable foresight and decision support
- Produce and monitor forecasting reports
- Work with senior executives on strategic deep dives by developing financial models and insights on topics such as: Retention forecasts, Campaign Planning & Tracking, return on investment of strategic investments, strategic resource allocation and prioritization, and event tracking and execution
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Financial analysis experience preferred
- Foundational knowledge in Ad Hoc Projects
- Solid understanding of Ad Hoc Financial Analysis
- Strong familiarity with budget forecasting
- Microsoft Excel experience
- BA/BS degree in finance or a related field
- Prior experience in Spreadsheet and ERP system
- Firm understanding of problem solving through statistical analysis or with large data sets highly preferable (such as in derivatives, structured finance, or business analytics or in a similarly demanding and analytical role)
- Experience with financial data management processes & systems, e.g. Oracle/Hyperion/SAP Business Objects/SFDC/Tableau- Strong communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, both oral and written, and ability to build as well as deliver effective presentations
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Financial planning & analysis (go-to-market experience preferential)
- 3+ years of experience in problem solving through statistical analysis or with large data sets highly preferable (such as in derivatives, structured finance, or business analytics or in a similarly demanding and analytical role)
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers for decades. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at
for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
By clicking 'Apply Now' you are agreeing to Robert Half [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Financial Analyst.