To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Melbourne, FL 32935
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Software Engineer
DRS Technologies Inc • Melbourne, FL
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Leonardo DRS Technologies, Inc.
Leonardo DRS Technologies is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A., which employs more than 47,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture, which rewards performance. DRS is committed to being an employer of choice of a highly qualified, diverse, effective, and productive workforce. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
Leonardo DRS Electro-Optical and Infrared Systems is seeking a talented Senior Embedded Software Engineer to join our growing team:
Requirements and Responsibilities:
- You will be working on control and communications systems for state-of-the-art Infrared based vision products that are critical components for various existing surveillance and targeting systems.
- Our products are designed, developed, and manufactured right here in Melbourne.
- The software runs on higher-end embedded processors, or integrated processor/FPGA devices residing on complex circuit cards designed by in-house electrical engineering teams.
- The software is generally “C” code running either bare-metal or within an RTOS, and includes boot-up, BIT, control code, peripheral drivers, and communications, including 1553, Ethernet, and PCI.
- You will participate in the full lifecycle of product development including requirements gathering; project estimating, architecture, design, coding, release, testing, manufacturing and field support.
- You will be a team member, joining a growing high-end group of developers dedicated to achieving product excellence.
- You will be participating in peer reviews, design discussions, and looked upon to recommend solutions, achieve engineering buy-in and follow up by executing and integrating your design on schedule.
- You will document your designs as specified by DRS and program requirements. You will follow DRS development processes.
- We expect you to be able to communicate clearly (written and oral) with program management and the customer.
- In addition, you may be called upon to participate in the preparation of complex and significant proposals.
- You will provide technical expertise and assistance to other engineers and support personnel.
- You will interact with technical management, other professionals, technicians and support personnel to coordinate, recommend and confer regarding technical activities and progress.
- You will likely mentor and coach the work of others as assigned.
- BS or MS in Computer Science / Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 6+ years of embedded software development with a strong acumen for working at the processor and hardware level. Ability to read schematics and to influence and debug HW designs during the hardware and software development process.
- Significant experience in “C” or “C++” and Real Time OS is required. C++, ADA, Web, Prototyping, Validation, and Scripting languages are nice to have.
- Previous experience with some of the following: Xilinx Zynq, ARM Cortex, Smart Fusion, SOCs such as MSP430s, PICs, Power PC, or even Intel Architecture.
- Knowledge of FPGA development and developing SW that works in conjunction with FPGA designs is a plus.
- Strong debugging skills resulting from your mastery of both the HW, FW, and SW running on the system, and understanding how they interact with each other.
- Experience working with embedded development kits BSPs, and SDKs.
- Experience helping with board bring-up, and using your code and the usual lab tools to assist with solving HW problems.
- Device Driver Development. Knowledge of communicating with and operating UART, SPI, & I2C devices is required.
- Knowledge of Software Security Hardening, Trusted Computing / TPM, Digital signing of releases, secure booting, and STIG analysis is a big plus.
- Familiarity with GIT, JIRA, Subversion (or some other similar CM tools).
- Experience with PC systems and using them with the Microsoft Office suite for daily activities.
- Must be a motivated, self-starter with the ability to either work on your own, or work well in a team environment.
- USA Citizen with an Active SECRET clearance or the ability to obtain one.
Leonardo DRS Technologies, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #EOIS