If interested, please send your resume to Email blocked - click to apply
The Senior Java Developer will execute the following responsibilities:
- Participate in an agile team to deliver the full lifecycle, including requirements, architecture, design, development, testing and deployment.
- Design, develop, and maintain code that meets requirements, is high quality, and performs efficiently and effectively to provide a great customer experience.
- Incorporate standards and best practices, including performance, security, scalability, and maintainability.
- Update and maintain system design documents.
- Review and provide feedback on functional and technical requirements.
- Define and propose solutions for meeting requirements.
- Contributing to improvements in the software development lifecycle (SDLC) utilizing practices such as test-driven development (TDD), static code analysis, code reviews, continuous integration, continuous delivery, and automated security scanning.
- Working closely with solutions architects to ensure system design follows the industry best practices and standards that aligned with the Judiciary framework.
- Investing in learning and the software development efficiency of the entire office through teamwork, personal responsibility, individual and group training, and process improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree plus at least five years (5+) of specialized experience in software development, automated testing, and debugging/ support experience in a web-based environment.
- Expert level Java developer experience.
- Significant experience with JSP and Servlets, or with Java Server Faces (JSF).
- Experience with RESTful web services.
- SQL and data modeling experience, including experience working with ORM tools/frameworks such as Hibernate (including a working knowledge of JPA).
- Extensive experience developing applications in an agile environment.
- Outstanding communication, organization, time management, and interpersonal skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills coupled with strong listening skills.
- Experience with Git or other distributed source control system
- Working knowledge and experience in Federal IT security guidelines and practices and Section 508/ Accessibility.
- Working knowledge and experience in cloud-based environments.
- Ability to contribute on an individual basis as well as demonstrate your strengths as a team player as a member of an agile team.
- Experience communicating and collaborating with other software developers, business owners, and management.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Java (Programming Language)
Java Server Faces
Java Server Pages
Hyper Text Markup Language (Html)