You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
The incumbent is responsible to maintain 24/7 availability of production equipment and facilities to make sure that all employees work safely and as efficiently as possible. Provide technical support of assigned production units to corporate, plant management and hourly workforce. Support daily activities of hourly personnel to assure that work is done safely, and downtime is minimized. Monitor the process, support operations, promote safety and lead process improvement initiatives. Manage local capital, perform liaison duties between production unit and engineering and maintenance, update SOP's, and manage engineering documentation. Incumbent will support maintenance technicians and will act as Operations Manager during his/her absences.
- Develop and implement production procedures as required
- Evaluate production results/troubleshoot quantity and quality problems - Implement corrective actions as required
- Perform and evaluate training
- Initiate and/or implement process improvement projects and prepare capital budget needs for assigned processes
- Ensure continuous improvement of plant processes
- Day to day interaction with hourly force within assigned production units
- Track, calculate, communicate production performance metrics (including but not limited to RFT, OEE, etc.)
- Audit production database daily for accuracy and completeness
- Quality and Food Safety
- Perform training for both salary and hourly personnel as required
- Oversee MOC process as it relates to the tasks of the position
- Fulfill responsibilities which ensure food safety, legality, and quality
- Perform as designee for plant production coordinator positions in the absence of the responsible person
- Responsible to investigate, answer and implement corrective actions to all customer complaints
- Safety and Health
- Responsible for maintaining the Safety and Health standards, active participation in employee safety training, hazard prevention and control, worksite analysis, and exercising management leadership
- Work with plant teams to achieve plant objectives
- Perform other tasks as assigned
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum B.S. Chemical Engineering
- 3 or more years of experience in chemical plant unit operations. E.g. reactions, heat transfer, size reduction, and bulk solids transfer
- Business Process Improvement
- Chemical Engineering
- Corrective And Preventive Action (Capa)
- Food Safety
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: BBBH196503
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.