The Undersea Technology Analysis Group within SPA supports the Navy and other government organizations with timely and objective capability assessments, technology evaluations, and strategic planning that integrate the technical, operational, programmatic, policy, and business aspects of undersea warfare (USW) and broader Navy issues. UTAG provides mature, turnkey products that reflect all of the factors important to decision makers. Our clients are Flag Officers/Senior Executives and others who require robustly integrated support. #IN123 #CJResponsibilities
- SPA seeks an experienced and motivated mid-level technical analyst to provide vital strategic planning and analysis support to the Pentagon's Navy Undersea Warfare SSBN Security and Technology Program (SSTP). This position directly supports the SSTP Technical Director in all aspects of operational security of our nation's Strategic Ballistic Missile Submarine (SSBN) force.
- Specific responsibilities include:
- Devising an analytical foundation for evaluating undersea operations and warfare by identifying key and emerging vulnerabilities, to include cyber, machine learning, and autonomy.
- Provide technical advice to evolve SSTP strategic planning based on technical analyses to bound the risk from adversary capabilities.
- Assessing Navy's policy for acoustic ocean observing systems (OOS-A) and analyzing U.S. submarine operations in vicinity of these systems.
- Active Top Secret (SCI eligible) security clearance
- Bachelors Degree
- At least 5-10 years' work experience in national defense (e.g., Military, government civilian, defense contractor)University graduate studies in a relevant field may be considered for fulfilling some experience requirements
- Knowledgeable of U.S. nuclear deterrence policy, especially the role of SSBN security and survivability in U.S. strategic deterrence
- Naval strategy or policy experiance
- Basic technical understanding of physics based threats to SSBN security and phenomenology either through a STEM degree or work experience
- Basic understanding of undersea acoustics and acoustic/seismic sensor outputs and data
- Works well independently or collaboratively as a member of a team
- Exceptional communication skills both oral and writtenComfortable presenting complex analytical results to senior defense officials
- Experience preparing, written reports, decision/information memorandums, and presentations for senior defense officialsS in Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) or national security related field
- Master's degree in a relevant field
- Specific knowledge of acoustic ocean observing systems (OOS-A)
- Knowledgeable of Intelligence Community organizations and sources of adversary threat system data and analysis
- Demonstrated strong skill sets in research, writing, critical thinking, and analysis
Top Secret (Ts Clearance)
Sensitive Compartmented Information (Sci Clearance)