To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Tolland, CT 06084
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
On Call Scheduler
Home Instead Senior Care • Tolland, CT
Posted 18 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Home Instead Senior Care®
On-Call Scheduler Job Description
Duvall Downing LLC d/b/a Home Instead Senior Care
Presently seeking highly responsible, professional, energetic and cool-under-pressure individuals to fulfill Weeknight (Monday thru Thursday, shift begins at 5:30 pm and ends the next morning at 8:00 am) and/or Weekend (Friday evening through Monday morning) on-call shifts. If you are confident you meet the requirements of the job and want to join a high-performing, strong team committed to providing individuals and families in northeastern Connecticut with the care they need to remain living at home, please apply. This position can be performed remotely (i.e., does not require coming to our office). However, unless we determine you have experience with our existing system, training will be conducted in our office in Tolland, CT. Must be available to fulfill requirements of on-call responsibilities overnight through 8:00 am the next morning (may require answering phone and/or finding replacement staff up to 8:00 am in the morning). If you have a full-time job that requires you to be at work before 9 AM, this will not be a good fit based on our needs.
The On-Call Scheduler is expected to perform a variety of on call duties (see below). Weekday (Monday through Thursday) on call shifts begin at 5:30 pm and end at 8:00 am the following morning. Weekend on call shifts begin at 5:30 pm Friday and end at 8:00 am Monday morning. Currently seeking two to three individuals to work weekdays and/or weekends. Pay is per shift.
- Reflect the core values of Duvall Downing, LLC (d.b.a. an independently owned and operated Home Instead Senior Care franchise).
- Prior to start of on call shift, review schedule with designated Service Coordinator and become aware of any potential trouble spots that might arise.
- Obtain resources needed from office as needed for on call responsibilities such as laptop, tablet and/or phone along with any paper resources deemed necessary.
- Answer each incoming call in a friendly, professional, and knowledgeable manner and respond quickly to caller's needs.
- Fill all 'call-out' shifts using designated office scheduling processes.
- Communicate changes in client shifts to the client(s) and CAREGiver(s).
- Contact backup staff when questions arise about clients or CAREGivers that require input
- Communicate client and CAREGiver concerns or problems to designated office key player.
- Field new client & CAREGiver inquiries over the phone in a knowledgeable manner and pass information to designated office key players
- Create a log of the activities of your shift and send via email to office by 8 am each morning
- Demonstrate open and effective communication with owner, colleagues and CAREGivers
- Ensure Home Instead Senior Care standards are met and upheld
- High school graduation or the equivalent
- Experience with web-based technology (as a user, not a programmer)
- One year of related business experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated.