New Home Consultant - Birmingham, AL
Clayton Homes, a BerkshireHathaway company and the nation's leading housing provider, is a verticallyintegrated housing company that builds, sells, and insures affordable housing.Our commitment to creating a World Class Customer Experience is unparalleled inthe housing industry and we believe it begins with a World Class Team MemberExperience. From entry-level to more experienced positions, we're activelyrecruiting individuals who are passionate, positive, and eager to learn. Wethen equip you for success, whether you're in the office, in the field, or onthe floor. As a member of our team you'll enjoy excellent benefits,opportunities for growth, and an encouraging culture that supports work / lifebalance.
The Home Building Group is actively searching for a New Home Consultant tojoin the team with Harris Doyle in Birmingham, AL.
The primary responsibility of the New Home Consultant is to facilitate the sale of new homes.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Learn and use the 4:2 sales process.
- Make sure the finished homes are clean and ready for presentation to the customer. This includes making sure yards and flowerbeds are weeded, mowed, and watered.
- Communicate with Team Members before open house, with written or verbal instructions.
- Make sure thank you cards are handwritten and mailed to customers and Realtors.
- Represent the company and its products fully and accurately to the public.
- Prepare complete and accurate contract files.
- Other responsibilities explained at training.
- Community Appearance: Utilize checklist to identify items to address. Present these items to Sales Manager and appropriate contact person for resolution.
- Obtain and maintain automobile insurance with a minimum liability limit of 100/300/100 due to the requirement of driving within the scope of work. The auto policy must also name Ideal Homes of Norman, LP as an additional interest.
- Optimum 70 percent (cross sales)
- Sales meetings, one per week
- Interpersonal visits
- Realtor lunches
- Be in assigned model from1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. daily
- Follow-up call to prospective customers same week they visit open house
- Twenty plus future customer calls per week.
- Past Customer Calls
Model Home, Field Home appearance:
- Report maintenance interior and exterior maintenance items to Customer Care Office Manager.
- Report landscape maintenance items to your Sales Manager.
- Report lawn mowing issues
- Report erosion control issues and undeveloped land issues
- Report common areas issues and entry way issues
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Maintain a high degree of integrity and honesty in all business dealings.
- Be professional in dress, manners, and conduct.
- Be a self-motivated individual, high achievement drive and display initiative.
- Be coachable and a team player.
- Good communication skills and basic computer skills.
- Be able to work well within a team environment
- Responsible for weekly calls to customers in process
Days / Hours:
- Monday – Friday: 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Occasional Weekend Hours:
- Saturday: 10:00 a.m. – 4:00p.m.
- Sunday: 1:00 p.m. – 4:00p.m.
The New Home Consultantwill prepare their monthly schedule with their Sales Manager.
3112 BLUE LAKE DR SUITE 100
VESTAVIA HILLS, Alabama, 35243