To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lincoln, NE
- GE Transportation
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Field Service and Technical Advising Specialist
GE Transportation • Lincoln, NE
Posted 27 days ago
The Technical Advisor will be responsible for defined work or projects with moderate complexity. In this role you will follow an individual work plan, meet day-to-day short-term objectives, and have the ability to resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
In addition you will:
• Provide technical guidance to employees and management, including; troubleshooting, material handling, tooling, safety procedures, and contract requirement clarification
• Provide clear communication to employees, customer management, and management on work to be performed, equipment status, productivity, and process improvements
• Work with employees and management to promote, maintain, and drive continuous improvement in safe work practices while monitoring productivity, quality assurance, and adherence to contract requirements
• Ensure compliance with all governmental regulations, OSHA work practices, and industry / site specific work rules
• Work with employees and management on establishing production plans for labor, material, and logistics
• Work with various software systems to manage material, labor plans, and other systemic requirements
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university (Or an Associate's Degree with a minimum of 2 years of professional work experience, Or a High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of Operations or Military leadership experience)
• Willingness and ability to work various shifts, various days
• Willingness and ability to work in shop environment
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university
• Proficiency in MS office applications
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Proven analytical and quality improvement ability
• Ability to interface at all levels of the organization, both internally and externally