Herc Rentals Inc. is a premier, full-service equipment rental firm - providing our customers the equipment, services and solutions they need to achieve optimal performance safely, efficiently and effectively. A pioneer of the equipment rental industry, Herc Rentals continues to evolve and grow through technological innovations, expanded product offerings and value-added services and consultative solutions to support its customers' projects.
With more than 55 years of equipment rental expertise, approximately 5,600 employees and approximately 312company-operated locations across North America, Herc Rentals serves a broad range of end markets, including construction; industrial operations, refineries and petrochemical operations; governmental entities and contractors; disaster recovery and remediation; infrastructure; railroad operations; utilities; film, television, live entertainment and special event production; agricultural operations; and facilities management..
The Sales & Operations Trainee position is designed to develop the candidate's knowledge and ability to identify and resolve our customers' needs, coordinate the activities of all personnel within the branch, maintain competitive data, maintain inventory control and provide the reporting and tracking of all daily business activities. This is an excellent opportunity for motivated self-starters who want to enhance their skills with a company whose reputation speaks for itself.
- Answer customer inquiries and resolve their issues/concerns
- Schedule delivery and pick up of equipment
- Maximize/generate additional sales revenue through superior customer service on all existing orders
- Finalize sales from all inbound inquiries and successful outbound telemarketing
- Provide customers with expert advice on the selection, operation and maintenance of all the various types of equipment
- Generate, process, analyze and review the daily business reports
- Support all team members
Bachelor's degree preferred
Conditions of Employment
Valid driver's license
1 to 2 years of previous inside or business-to-business sales experience within the industrial, equipment rental or construction sectors
Retail sales background within the home improvement, light industrial or telecommunications markets are preferred
- Ability to drive/operate multiple types of vehicles and equipment
- Ability to engage in natural verbal interaction with customers
- Able to walk into unfamiliar environments and adjust rapidly to the setting
- Attention to detail
- Customer service focused
- Multi-task on multiple assignments within a fast-paced environment
- Solid and proven computer skill set (knowledge of MS Office is preferred)
Our long-term strategy underscores the understanding that our success depends on the dedication and capability of our team members. We are focused on attracting, retaining and empowering talented and dedicated people to build the best team in the equipment rental industry. We also seek to build a team that reflects the variety of people, cultures and communities we interact with every day and to create an inclusive, productive environment in which all team members feel valued and respected.
Herc Rentals provides an excellent compensation and benefits package, which includes a competitive salary, retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive medical, dental, vision care, life insurance coverage, paid vacation and holidays.
Herc does not discriminate in employment based on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, disability, nationalorigin, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, political affiliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factors .
- Attention To Detail
- Customer Service
- Microsoft Office