To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Newton, MA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Russian School of Mathematics • Newton, MA
Posted 1 month ago
RSM’s unique approach develops critical thinking and has built excellence in math since 1997. Recently featured in the Atlantic magazine as one of the players in the “Math Revolution” and ranked one of the best schools in the world by the Johns Hopkins Center for Talented Youth, RSM helps children of all levels build a solid math foundation and develop their critical-thinking and problem-solving skills. For nearly two decades, RSM students have consistently achieved remarkable scores on standardized tests and in national and international math competitions, although attaining top test scores is just one of the benefits of our program. RSM helps students of all levels become more confident in math and develop a deeper understanding of the subject.
Russian School of Mathematics is seeking a highly-motivated, creative, resourceful and organized individual to join our growing Accounting team. Provide day-to-day assistance of the company’s Accounts Payable and Payroll activities, maintain a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with accepted accounting principles and international reporting standards. Reports to the Controller.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Actively participate in all aspects of month-end and year-end financial close processes
- Create, prepare and review journal entries that are accurate
- Reconcile accounts or review account reconciliations prepared by others
- Create and maintain documentation on processes and procedures related to account maintenance.
- Assist and backup Account Payable and Payroll functions
- Assist with sales and use taxes
- Compliant with company policies and GAAP
- Provide ad-hoc data collecting, reporting, analysis and work on special projects
- Perform other job-related duties as requested by management
Required skills and qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Accounting or Finance
- Strong understanding of accounting theory and GAAP
- 5+ years accounting/finance experience
- Highly detail oriented, accurate and organized in work
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines required
- Strong ability to prioritize and document work performed
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish objectives
- Proficiency with email and Microsoft Office applications
- Must be flexible and able to thrive in a fast -pace setting
RSM embraces diversity and is committed to attracting qualified candidates who also embrace and value diversity and inclusivity. RSM is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer