Oak View Group
Oak View Group is a sports and entertainment company engaged in a wide variety of activities, including arena development, facility management, arena and stadium alliance, sponsorships and partnerships, security services, publications, conferences, and consulting. The company, privately held, is headquartered in Los Angeles, California with offices throughout the world. Overview
The Line Cook is responsible for preparing foods to be served to guests throughout the venue. The Line Cook will often have direct contact with the public working in areas such as a buffet line slicing meats or preparing dishes to order. The Line Cook must maintain excellent attendance and be available to work events as scheduled per business need.
This position is based at Lockhart Stadium – Inter Miami CF in Fort Lauderdale, FL. This venue will house 30 acres of green space to include proposed amenities such as youth soccer fields, a park, and a community center, all open to the public. Inter Miami CF plans to launch its first two MLS seasons in Fort Lauderdale. To learn more about this venue, please visit www.intermiamicf.com/ Responsibilities
- Responsible for providing high quality, fresh food products in a timely manner for delivery to guests.
- Prepares hot and cold foods following company recipes and portioning requirements.
- Participates as a team player with specific responsibilities as related to preparation, excellent service and delivery of product.
- Responsible for reporting any maintenance required for kitchen equipment.
- Maintains sanitation, health and safety standards in work areas.
- Responsible for observing and testing foods to ensure proper cooking.
- Responsible for portioning, arranging and garnishing food plates for delivery to guests.
- Responsible for consulting with Executive Chef, Sous Chef or Kitchen Supervisor to plan menus and estimate expected food consumption.
- Must show demonstrated ability to meet the company standard for excellent attendance.
Strengthened by our Differences. United to Make a Difference.
- Previous cook or prep cook experience
- Able to operate standard kitchen equipment to including the broiler, steamer, convection oven, mixer, meat slicer and chef knife.
- Ability to communicate with employees, co-workers, volunteers, management staff and guests in a clear, business-like and respectful manner which focuses on generating a positive, enthusiastic and cooperative work environment.
- Ability to speak, read and write in English.
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented, fast-paced, event-driven environment.
- Possess valid food handling certificate if required by state and federal regulations
- ServSafe preferred
At OVG, we understand that to continue positively disrupting the sports and live entertainment industry, we need a diverse team to help us do it. We also believe that inclusivity drives innovation, strengthens our people, improves our service, and raises our excellence. Our success is rooted in creating environments that reflect and celebrate the diverse communities in which we operate and serve, and this is the reason we are committed to amplifying voices from all different backgrounds. Vaccination Statement
We are committed to ensuring all our buildings and office locations are the safest in the world for artists, teams, employees, and fans. Based on recent encouraging trends in the U.S. and Canada. We highly encourage our employees to continue to get vaccinate and boosted against COVID-19. Should circumstances change, we may need to reinstate vaccination requirements, in whole or in part, to safeguard the health of our employees, guests, performers, athletes, and partners. EEO
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.