- Review, interpret, and accurately estimate scopes of work as described in the project documents.
- Prepares take-off and pricing for all Civil disciplines.
- Contacts prospective subcontractors and participates in evaluation of their qualifications.
- Participates in putting final bid together on bid day, Attends pre-bid conferences as requested, Prepares portion of subcontracts, purchase agreements and large purchase orders.
- Aid in preparing preliminary progress schedules.
- Responsible for all aspects of estimating including pre-construction, hard bids, negotiated bids, budgets, general conditions, value engineering and subcontractor bidding.
- Solicit and collect subcontractor/vendor bids and quotations.
- Identify any unique Quality Control provisions required for the project.
- Determine safety requirements for projects for incorporation into estimates.
- Negotiate with Owners and Subcontractors.
- Bachelors in Civil Engineering
- Knowledge of HCSS a plus
- Solid knowledge of MS Office
- Knowledge of construction practices and procedures.
- Previous experience working or interning with a contractor a plus
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 1585
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Dragados is an international contractor established in 1941 that specializes in major infrastructure projects, including bridges, roads and highways, tunnels and underground projects, buildings, energy and environmental infrastructure, dams and hydraulic works worldwide. Dragados S.A. is the construction arm of ACS Group, one of the leading infrastructure developers in the world with presence in more than 40 countries.
View the full profile
The projects built by Dragados S.A. are recognized by their sheer size, technical intricacy, use of the latest technologies, and innovation to resolve technical challenges.