To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Leona, KS 66532
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Intern | Ag Sales & Scouting, Full-time, Seasonal (Leona & Wathena, KS)
Wilbur-Ellis Company • Leona, KS
Posted 25 days ago
Are you a college student majoring in Agriculture, Plant Science, Horticulture, or other related fields? Do you have knowledge and/or experience with Ag operations? Do you possess excellent leadership, multi-tasking, and communication skills? Can you work overtime as necessary? If you said yes to these questions, and you have good interpersonal skills, we’d like to hear from you!
For nearly a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing agricultural products and services. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
Wilbur-Ellis branches in Leona & Wathena, KS are each seeking an Agriculture Intern to be responsible for supporting branch sales and scouting needs in a variety of agriculture aspects while gaining exposure to different sides of the business. Interns will shadow the branch Agronomist for two weeks. Interns will then be expected to take a list of fields to scout and independently work to complete the task. Interns will also assist agronomists on aerial application sales by scouting corn and soybeans to determine the optimal time to be sprayed for disease and insect pressure. Interns will also assist with warehouse operations; corn & soybean plot work, and signing fields.
Key Skills and Abilities Include:
- College student majoring in Agriculture, Plant Science, Horticulture, or related field is preferred
- Knowledge and/or experience with agricultural operations (preferred)
- Intermediate level proficiency with standard software including MS Office Suite
- Ability to safely operate a company machinery within state laws and company policies and guidelines
- Requires excellent interpersonal skills between both customers and fellow employees
- Ability to repetitively bend, kneel and walk long distances while working in a non-climate controlled environment and outside in inclement weather
- Dependability/reliability. Occasionally may need to work Saturdays.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Willingness and desire to work overtime hours during busy seasons
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include:
- Time will be divided as follows:
- 50% scouting corn and soybeans
- 25% sales while shadowing Agronomist
- 25% miscellaneous
- Complete the tasks and activities outlined by the Branch Manager and/or Mentor for the intern to include supporting branch operations and local customers including field scouting
- Conform to the normal working hours of the Wilbur-Ellis location, including overtime when requested
- Support the employer, keep the employer's business confidential, and work for the employer's best interest
- Comply with company safety standards
- Submit a final project, PowerPoint presentation of the internship
- Basic agronomy knowledge
- Sales & operational process and activity
- Sales exposure
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive hourly wage commensurate with experience and other factors
If you are currently a Wilbur-Ellis employee, please notify your Manager prior to applying for this position. Thank you!
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over ninety-three years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and a dedication to quality work, our customers and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry’s best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.