Eurofins is the world leader in the food, bio/pharmaceutical product testing. It is also number one in the field of environmental laboratory services and one of the global market leaders in agroscience, genomics, discovery pharmacology, and central laboratory services. With over $1.5 billion in annual revenues and 17,000 employees across 200 sites in 36 countries, Eurofins is a leading international group of laboratories providing an unparalleled range of testing and support services to the pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, food, environmental, and consumer products industries and to governments.
Eurofins MWG Operon LLC, a Eurofins Genomics company, is a member of the Eurofins Group with major offices and production facilities in the United States, Europe, and Asia, is an international provider of DNA sequencing services, DNA synthesis products, and bioinformatic services for academic and industrial research. The company's strengths are its strong customer orientation, fast service and high quality products including a series of advanced oligonucleotide design tools.
Eurofins is searching for a DNA Sanger Sequencing Laboratory Associate Louisville, KY. DNA Sequencing Laboratory Associate responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following :
- Candidate must carry out all laboratory activities related to the process of Sanger DNA sequencing
- Organizing and sorting tubes and plates containing DNA samples that come in daily
- Pipetting DNA sequencing reactions.
- Performing DNA purification on sequencing reactions, loading and scheduling 3730xl ABI Sequencers.
- Will work with and under the supervision of a lab manager.
- Operating lab equipment:
o Thermo cyclers
o ABI 3730xl sequencers
o Automated Liquid handlers The ideal candidate would possess :
Basic Minimum Qualifications :
- Experience with wet lab molecular biology techniques and using basic lab equipment.
- Capacity to perform under pressure in a fast paced production environment
- Experience with Sanger Sequencing using 3730xl highly desirable.
- Previous experience working in an ISO-9000 or cGMP environment.
- Previous experience working with general laboratory equipment.
- Microsoft Windows and Excel proficiency.
- Previous experience working with Hazardous Chemicals.
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- Bachelor's degree in biology, chemistry, or other related degree concentration, or equivalent directly-related experience (two years of directly related industry experience is equivalent to one full-time year of college in related major)
- Ability to lift 35+ pounds.
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Tuesday - Saturday 1am-9:30am , with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Louisville, Kentucky are encouraged to apply
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options. To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com . Eurofins is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Attention To Detail