At C.R. England, our most valuable asset is our people. Whether on the road, in our shops, or in our offices, our people make C.R. England a transportation industry leader. The diversity of our professionals drives us forward. We strongly believe each individual should have the support and opportunities they need to build a solid career. We provide. We live by the entrepreneurial and family spirit on which C.R. England was founded. We have opportunities for people of all backgrounds.
C.R. England Global Transportation is hiring for a Weekend Load Planner for our Dedicated Division in Marion, IN.
Why join us:
Stability: The transportation industry is crucial to the U.S. economy, making C.R. England a stable career choice. As a 99 year-old leader in the transportation industry, we have grown 100% in the last decade. We will continue growing as we approach our second century.
Employee Value: 2015 recipient of the Achievers Award for Most Engaged Workplaces in the U.S
Benefits: World class compensation and benefits packages, continuous training and development, and a team-oriented culture
Work life balance: At C.R. England we value family both in our individual homes and our company family; our culture embraces this philosophy and fosters an environment to support both.
The Load Planners and Afterhours are an essential part of the Dedicated business unit.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Building and Matching planned freight to trucks with solid confirmed service plans
- Coordinating with Driver Managers and drivers to insure all loads are acknowledged to maximize efficiency and on time service
- Effective and timely communication meeting the customer’s needs
- Effective tracking of all daily plans to ensure all plans compliant with on time requirements
The ideal candidate is a professional with excellent communication, customer service, and organization skills.
- Prior planning or logistical experience, as well as strong geographical knowledge is a must
- Experience in the transportation industry is preferred
- Accustomed to working in a high volume, fast-paced transportation environment
- Expertise in time and distance requirements as it pertains to DOT HOS requirements is a must
- Knowledge of AS400 IT systems, Microsoft Office and related tools are all preferred
- College degree preferred
Ibm System I