DAK Americas is a globally competitive supplier of Terephthalic acid (TPA) - Monomers, Polyethylene Terephthalate Resins (PET) and Polyester Staple Fibers (PSF) for the western hemisphere. The company is headquartered in Charlotte, NC with manufacturing facilities in the Carolinas.
DAK Americas is a division of URL blocked - click to apply, the petrochemicals and synthetic fibers business group of URL blocked - click to apply, one of Mexico's largest corporations.
- Identifies and corrects problems (troubleshoots) within the process using job knowledge, equipment specification sheets, and operating procedures.
- Monitors operating parameters by reading gauges, instruments, and meters.
- Compares readings to known requirements, logs information, and takes actions as necessary.
- Starts up and shuts down process equipment using written procedures.
- Responds and reacts to any alarms within operating area.
- Collects and submits appropriate samples for analysis. Uses analytical and/or process trends to determine whether re-sampling or process adjustments are needed.
- Set up and operate equipment such as reactors, pumps, condensers, filters, compressors, and dryers in order to maintain operating facility.
The job requires working 12 hour rotating shifts while standing for long periods of time. Employees must be able to work scheduled (planned) days and unscheduled (unplanned/short notice) hours on off days as needed to meet business needs. Chemical Operators are required to be a member of either the Fire Brigade or the First Aid Squad.
DAK Americas LLC is subject to US Department of Commerce export regulations and thus must hire individuals who meet national security requirements. Interested applicants (or temporary employees) must meet eligibility requirements. DAK Americas LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be 18 years or older
- Working knowledge of fluid dynamics, thermodynamics, pressures and computerized controls systems is desired
- Ability to follow procedures and be able to use process data to make sound decisions under pressure
- Excellent safety record and ability to meet the qualifications to be on the Emergency Response Team
- Ability to work independently and partner with team members effectively
- Results oriented
- Ability to translate key area and business needs into the right priorities and action
- Must have good computer and math skills
- Proven ability to prioritize multiple tasks effectively
Candidates must have at least one of the following:
- At least 1 year experience in a chemical process at a chemical company
- 5 + years experience at a manufacturing plant
- Two year Associate Degree/certificate in a technical/vocational college or higher.
We offer excellent pay and a skills based pay progression system. This is an hourly position and benefits eligibility starts on your first day of employment. No relocation assistance is available for this position.
Personal Protective Equipment