To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
11001 Executive Center Drive
Little Rock, AR 72211
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Windstream • Little Rock, AR
Posted 5 days ago
Analyzes requirements to meet demand and performance of products, systems and/or data as it relates to network services, test sets and various other systems as required in the area of video technology and at least one of the following: optical transport, Ethernet, broadband access, IP/MPLS, VoIP, SDN, NFV, security. May perform engineering design evaluations which will include cost-effective utilization of materials. May design, develop, test and implement all components, equipment, and software within the functional areas of the organization. Senior Engineers partner with System Engineers, Architects and Project Managers to plan, implement, and support complex, technical solutions and architectures. Provides leadership to identify best practices and recommendations to minimize risks and maximize uptime and performance. Enhances operations and maintains reliability of systems. May perform administrative work relating to projects and assignments. Acts as technical consultant within and outside assigned department in area of expertise. Promotes positive change in the company's business strategy through achievement of customer specific objectives and technological innovation of practical and profitable nature. Works on problems of diverse scope. Exercise full understanding of practices, policies and procedures. Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work. Must be able to complete long-range planning, implementation, test and support tasks on time in tandem with short-term responsibilities and duties and manage conflicting priorities.
• In depth understanding of telecommunications industry; in depth knowledge of one or more engineering disciplines and vendor equipment. In depth knowledge of accepted engineering practices. Computer software knowledge to include Microsoft Office, Custom Planning Tools and Databases. Good analytical skills; the ability to prioritize projects; good oral and written communication skills; self-starter; mission oriented and good interpersonal skills. Good project management skills. Ability to travel for training in first few months of employment.
• 5 years’ experience with video technologies which should include
o IPTV video acquisition, encoding and encryption, back-end routing and distribution systems including multicast switching, set-top box integration, management and testing
o Streaming video systems backend and distribution design and systems management
o 5 years of experience with virtualization technologies and underlying hardware including blade centers and chassis servers and hypervisors such as ESXi, Hyper-V and KVM, server systems from HP, Cisco and Dell and operating systems including Windows, Linux (RedHat, CentOS, and Ubuntu) equipment is preferred
• 5 years of experience with network engineering and/or analysis Perl, PHP, Python, Regex scripting experience
• DC power systems distribution and support including both -48v and /-190v systems
o Power loss calculations and loading
• Additional experience with any of the following is a plus
o copper and fiber cabling
o structured wiring
o Quali Systems automation
o Keysight (formerly Ixia Test Systems)
o MRV/Netscout Layer-1 cross-connect
o NMS software such as SolarWinds
• Network equipment including
o Console servers (Avocent, Perle, Thinklogical)
o Managed switches (Juniper, Nokia and Cisco)
o Firewall management and configuration (Fortinet & Juniper)
o Router configuration and troubleshooting (Nokia, Juniper & Cisco)
Ability to stay current with the economic and technological developments in the industry.
The candidate must be able to perform the following six key job functions:
• Engineering Strategy - Collaborate with Marketing on how to leverage existing network capabilities that can be revenue generating, feature requests with partner vendors for product enhancements, new vendor analysis and network expansion capabilities as a result of market analysis.
• Definition and Design – The product is directly related to the network/equipment capabilities. Work with peers in Architecture & Technology team to determine the full capabilities, what we want to include, work around limitations and finalize the features to be offered to our customers. Identify ICB capabilities/features that we may want to offer to customers on ad-hoc basis.
• Testing and Trials – Participate in testing vendor solutions and code revision varieties to determine the most stable/reliable solution. Assist with running the final selection through internal/external trials to proof in features, overcome lab limitations and work with real world scenarios.
• Customizing the Design – Work in conjunction with Business Units to define primary customer implementation scenarios. Ensure the technical requirements are gathered at the right stages and designed according to the engineering standards.
• Implementation of the Design via IT and Engineering Systems - Take the defined requirements above, work with IT and engineering systems to get them implemented. Also, document all technical requirements; work with Business Units, process organization and IT to finalize the mechanism on how technical attributes get passed through the process.
Education and Experience required:
Job Category: Engineering
Locations: 11001 Executive Center Dr |US|Arkansas|Little Rock\
Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Equal Opportunity Employer including minority/female/disability/veteran; Without regard to: race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment status. Windstream is a drug-free workplace.