To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Quality Engineer (Westland, MI)
Pittsburgh Glass Works • Crestline, OH
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Vitro is a leading manufacturer and distributor of automotive glass. We are looking for innovative and results-oriented people who want to contribute and make our company better. As a Tier 1 Supplier, we engineer products to meet the rigorous safety and aesthetic standards of the automobile industry.
At our facility in Westland, MI, we are expanding operations and looking for a Quality Engineer. This growing facility was opened in 2007 and performs value-add operations as a Tier 1 supplier in the automotive industry.
Vitro has an immediate opening for a Quality Engineer in our Westland, MI facility. Reporting to the Quality Manager, the Quality Engineer is responsible for providing value to the Vitro organization by contributing leadership, planning, and technical knowledge to ensure compliance with Vitro, customer, and governmental quality specifications and regulations. Continuous Improvement, Corrective Actions and TS16949 system Management. They will also provide weekly/monthly updates to management.
Principal Accountabilities Include:
- Frequent contact with PGW Program Management, plant and corporate engineering, and manufacturing to develop new products.
- Coordination of PPAP activities and ensuring accurate and on-time submission to end customer's systems.
- Management of all product engineering changes.
- Decision making that aligns with management objectives regarding work processes, plans, and schedules in order to achieve identified objectives.
- Working with corporate supplier quality and may work directly with suppliers to identify problems, conduct root cause investigation using formal root cause tools, implement corrective action, and verify the implemented corrective action is effective, and also identification of supplier preventive action needs.
- Contributing to formal presentations to suppliers, customers, and PGW management.
- Participation and ensuring timeliness and accuracy of corrective actions for both internal and external quality issues.
- Responding to all customer quality complaints and warranty claims. Identification and elimination of customer issues using Quality tools.
- Maintain and update product/process quality information for continuous improvements.
- A Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- 3 years of relevant quality engineering experience
- Demonstrated experience with the following:
- Quality Management Systems ISO/TS 16949 including Internal/External Audits, PPAP, Run @ rate, Process Flow Diagrams, Control Plans, APQP, FMEA, work instructions writing & updating etc.
- Statistical Process Control / Statistical Quality Control, Process Capability, Control Charts, establishing control limits etc.
- Continuous improvements, Investigation & implementation of process improvements, RPN reduction.
- The ability to organize and manage multiple priorities, utilize analytical problem solving skills, and efficiently function independently as well as in a team environment.
- Able to Communicate quality issues effectively with Customers, Suppliers and other internal departments.
- Handling Customer Complaints including Containment process, Root cause analysis (5P, 8D, 3Legged 5Why, Drill-deep, Drill wide Matrix)
- Can coordinate recurrence prevention activities for internal and external quality problems. Assure Corrective & Preventive Action plans (CAPA process) are developed and executed at assigned.
- Quality inspection processes installation including Training.
- New business projects & technical support on quality related issues for new product development.
- Responsible for identifying and resolving specification alignment issues between manufacturing (process) requirements and supplied product.
- Willing to travel as required.
- Excellent Communication & strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.