To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Phoenix, AZ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Preservice Review Nurse RN - Nebraska, Arizona and telecommute (virtual)
UnitedHealth Group • Phoenix, AZ
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
What makes your nursing career greater with UnitedHealth Group? You can improve the health of others and help heal the health care system. You will work within an incredible team culture; a clinical and business collaboration that is learning and evolving every day. And, when you contribute, you'll open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization, anywhere.
- Perform clinical coverage review services, which require interpretation of state and federal mandates, applicable benefit language, and consideration of relevant clinical information
- Function as a member of a self-directed team to meet specific individual and team performance metrics
- Ability to communicate in writing and verbally, all types of benefit determinations including decisions regarding coverage guidelines, contractual limitations and reimbursement determinations
- Telephonic discussion with health care providers and / or members to explain benefit coverage determinations and to obtain additional clinical information
- Acts as a resource for others with less experience
- Work independently and collaborating with Medical Directors and non-clinical partners
- Adapt to a highly changing environment and a heavy case load
This position may require a Monday thru Friday schedule with flex weekends, rotating weekends or a flexible schedule. A Tuesday thru Saturday schedule may also be available. Specific locations may require the candidate to start as office based. This is an hourly position that is non-exempt and overtime eligible.
- A current unrestricted RN license in the state of residency
- 3+ years total RN experience including recent clinical experience in an inpatient / acute hospital setting
- Demonstrate a proficiency in computer skills - Windows, Instant Messaging, Clinical Platforms, Microsoft Suite including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Exemplary clinical documentation skills; critical thinking skills
- Must have a quiet designated work space and access to install secure high speed internet (minimum speed 5 download mps & 1 upload mps) via cable / DSL in home (wireless / cell phone provider, satellite, microwave, etc. does NOT meet this requirement)
- NLC (Nurse License Compact) RN license
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Background involving utilization review for an insurance company or experience in case management
- Familiarity with Milliman Care Guidelines
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Demonstrated written proficiency for Spanish
If the hired individual resides in Florida (office based or telecommuting) this position requires the AHCA Level II background check (fingerprinting) by the State of Florida for all clinicians that have direct face to face contact with members OR employees who will have access to confidential patient data and will require renewal every five years.
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.