The primary responsibility of this position is for planning, scheduling, and coordinating all plannable maintenance work performed on the worksite, in addition to keeping proper maintenance records and files essential to meaningful analysis and reporting of maintenance-related matters.
What you will do:
- Self-starter on daily planning tasks and being accountable that those tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- Daily review maintenance timesheets and compare completed work orders and PMs to timesheets, making sure numbers and time match, and reschedule any work orders and PMs not completed
- Review work orders for any parts that need ordering
- Review completed PMs and make sure that appropriate work orders are written
- Write any work orders as needed
- Plan and schedule maintenance work orders and PMs daily in order of highest priority, prioritizing any safety work order that proposes an immediate safety hazard
- Make sure parts are in stock for any scheduled work
- Create purchase requisitions and order part numbers for non-stock items
- Update BOM list bi-weekly
- Track problem areas in the mill by reviewing function locations that have repetitive work orders
- Track cylinder, electric motor, and pump failures through open work orders to completion
- Schedule outside contractors for maintenance or repair services as needed
- Attend and participate in safety meetings
- Communicate daily with Maintenance Supervisor concerning maintenance issues and any repetitive problems
- Review all downtime reports daily
- Participate in RCFA team activities to identify and implement solutions to failures
- Interface with Predictive Maintenance Technicians daily to ensure all equipment condition monitoring data indicating potential problems is incorporated into planned maintenance and failures are prevented
- Track problem areas in the mill by reviewing function locations that have repetitive works orders written
- Maintenance Clerk backup as needed to include completing PMs and work orders, printing PMs, completing maintenance time and payroll
- Learn to print safety work order reports, PM reports, and failure and cost reports
- Help refine PMs as needed
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
What you need to be successful:
- Minimum 1-year maintenance experience in a heavy industrial environment
- CMMS experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Microsoft Office experience
- 2+ years of Maintenance Planner experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate across different levels at the mills
Skills that will make you stand out
- Responsibility for planning daily maintenance and scheduled outages
- 10+ years of millwright experience
- Experience in the wood products industry
Outstanding benefits package including:
Benefits starting Day 1
Competitive starting pay
On-the-job training and
A culture that strongly believes in promoting from within
401K with company match plus an additional retirement contribution
Employee stock purchase plan
Paid vacations and holidays
If you are ready to build your career in a company that thrives on growth, a safe work environment, rewarding work, challenge, and opportunity, come build your career with us at West Fraser: www.westfraser.com/careers.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please apply through our online application process. Be sure to attach your resume to your online profile as resumes will not be accepted at the site. No phone inquiries, please.
West Fraser is a diversified wood products company producing lumber, OSB, LVL, MDF, plywood, pulp, newsprint, wood chips, and energy with over 60 facilities in Canada, the United States, and Europe. We are the largest lumber producer in North America, a leading global manufacturer of wood-based panels, and the world’s largest producer of oriented strand board (OSB).
We are a growing company, believe strongly in promoting from within, and pride ourselves on providing a challenging environment with continuous development. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company
West Fraser believes inclusive, diverse teams build a more vibrant workforce, safer operations, and a stronger company overall. We strive to create workplaces and leadership teams that are reflective of the diverse communities we are a part of. We will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, gender, national origin, or any other protected legal characteristic.
West Fraser is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D & Drug-Free Workplace
- Computerized Maintenance Management Systems
- Microsoft Office