Every day, Kelly Services connects professionals with opportunities to advance their careers.
We currently have a Senior Environmental Health, Safety and Sustainability (EHSS) Specialist position with one of our clients located in Jacksonville, FL. Our client is well known as one of the largest, most innovative medical device and solutions, in orthopaedics, spinal care and neuroscience, in the world today.
Senior Environmental Health, Safety and Sustainability (EHSS) Specialist
This Senior Environmental Health, Safety and Sustainability (EHSS) Specialist will be the Technical expert for EHSS programs that supports execution of the EHSS Policy and drives continuous improvement. Under the direction of the EHSS Sr. Manager, this individual will support all aspects of EHSS programs at the site in Jacksonville, FL.
The Senior EHSS Specialist job responsibilities:
- Recognizes and asses EHSS hazards and risks.
- Identifies, analyzes and communicates EHSS compliance requirements including securing of EHSS related permits when needed.
- Assesses compliance, identifies and investigates non-compliance and tracks actions to address to closure.
- Uses results of risk assessment to recommend appropriate control strategies.
- Evaluate, plan and implement EHSS programs.
- Manage projects requiring advanced knowledge of EHSS principles, practices and regulatory requirements from identification of potential risk to analysis of the level of risk to the implementation of appropriate control measures.
- Document results accordingly and present to appropriate site personnel and management.
- Monitor and evaluate new regulations and corporate requirements to determine impact on operating location.
- Provides focused technical expertise to promote EHSS by identifying and monitoring potential hazards to people or property in areas such as safety and environmental.
- Reviews and recommends content of EHSS policies and programs.
- Provides content to emergency response plans and participates on emergency response team.
- Implements and provides training on EHSS policies and programs developed for a site to assure that workplace conditions comply with all federal, state, local government and company requirements.
- Facilitates compliance audits, assists in conducting risk assessments, and participates on EHSS teams.
- Conducts hazard assessments, determines root causes, recommends solutions to identified hazards, and designs and implements solutions.
- Reviews new regulations from outside agencies and new WWEHSS policies and procedures against current site programs and practices for gaps and/or.
- Participates as a lead EHSS representative in external audits and inspections by local government agencies.
- Monitor and evaluate EHSS risks of operations, including change management, ensuring continuous improvement of the EHSS program to make it leaner and more efficient.
- Evaluate, plan and implement EHSS training and awareness programs.
- Develop and implement training packages for on-line and/or classroom training.
- Support and facilitate site EHSS committees/teams to ensure implementation of the EHSS program.
- Technically assess risks and use advanced knowledge of EHSS principles and practices to develop and implement corrective and preventive actions for all identified EHSS risks.
- Perform routine EHSS assessments and utilize the companies Worldwide EHSS Standards and audits to identify program specific deficiencies and areas of risk.
- Bachelor’s degree required; preferable in Occupational Safety, Environmental Science or Engineering.
A minimum of 4-6 years of experience in Environmental, Health and Safety (EHSS) in a highly regulated manufacturing environment is required, experience in an FDA regulated environment preferred.
- Experience is required in identifying, evaluating and controlling EHSS risks in the workplace. Knowledge Tier II, Biennial, Form R, Title 5 and Storm water reporting required.
- Environmental management and ISO-14001:2015 is required. EHSS auditing experience is preferred. Process Safety Management is preferred for this role.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Technical experience in diverse EHSS areas including but not limited to air, water, hazardous and medical waste, machine safety, contractor EHSS and chemical handling, and environmental management is highly desirable. Demonstrated project management skills are required. Good interpersonal skills and classroom instructor skills are required.
Knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), United States Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA), and Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations required. Knowledge of EHSS management systems, including OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001 required.
The ability to be exposed to working conditions such as work from ladders, elevated surfaces, platforms, high energy sources, controlled chemical substances, controlled infectious agents and noise extremes required.
The ability to sit, stand and walk for extended periods and perform repetitive tasks such as lifting, carrying, bending, reaching, pulling, pushing required.
The ability to work off-shift hours, including weekends, as needed by business and for site related emergencies, is required.
Computer Skills: Proficient in MS Office software programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required. Worldwide EHSS data reporting and tracking systems is preferred. Internet, intranet and database tools (internal and external) as preferred to support the EHSS function.
This position could require up to 10% travel both domestic and/or international.
This is a long-term open-ended opportunity, with an extremely good possiblity of going full time. This opportunity also offers an enhanced benefits package from Kelly Services which includes 401K participation, health insurance, PTO, and paid holidays.
Important information: This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the United States immediately and without employer sponsorship (F1 OPT cannot be considered for this position).
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in
industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier
source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm
with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety
and flexibility of working on short term project engagements, or prefer contract-to-hire or direct
hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit URL blocked - click to apply and connect with us on URL blocked - click to apply, URL blocked - click to apply and URL blocked - click to apply.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. URL blocked - click to apply
Environmental Resource Management
Process Safety Management
Occupational Health And Safety Administration (Osha)