To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Kansas City, MO
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
SCIF Administrative Support
MRI Global • Kansas City, MO
Posted 1 month ago
Special Security Officer
The Special Security Officer (SSO) works with the MRIGlobal Security staff members to ensure the security of the SCIF and adjacent collateral secure work areas. The position has the responsibility of administering and maintaining security for all classified documents and systems in accordance with MRIGlobal policies and procedures and the appropriate government regulatory agencies. This position will assist the Manager of Corporate Security / Facility Security Officer with day-to-day security duties and other administrative support as needed. Ensures that all assigned classified areas are maintained and all security requirements for those areas are being adhered to.
Nature and Scope:
The SSO reports to the Manager of Corporate Security / Facility Security Officer of the KC facility. The SSO is responsible for ensuring that the operations and activity within the SCIF and collateral work areas are compliant with Intelligence Community Directives, and National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual. The SSO must exercise good judgment in ensuring that the work, methods and activities conducted within the SCIF all meet the Government clients’ expectations for a secure work area.
- Conducts secure file transfers between MRIGlobal and classified clients using government-classified security systems
- Interacts with internal clients to review classified documentation prior to initiation or transfer of security clearance information
- Maintains a professional and knowledgeable interaction with a variety of government clients both in electronic and personal interfaces
- Communicates with MRIGlobal personnel to determine and meet employee security clearance requirements. Works closely with various government agencies and departments to ensure the accuracy and integrity of the clearance process and to develop and implement procedures to improve efficiency of the operation
- Maintain an accurate Information System Security database to track all classified documents
- Conducts SCIF and collateral space self-inspections in preparation for security audits.
- Performs tasks in compliance with NISPOM, IC government regulations (e.g., ICD 704) and other government security/contractual regulations and guidelines
- Assists in providing guidance and instruction to employees to ensure completion of security paperwork, coordination of periodic reinvestigations and preparation of DD254 forms for subcontractor; provides guidance, analyzes and interprets government security classification guides and determines requirements
- Documents, issues, distributes, tracks, and transmits security clearance data both internal and external to MRIGlobal; maintains and process records and files; verifies clearance information and provides official notification of employee clearances to company, other contractors, and government organizations
- Maintains and implements an Information Systems Security Plan that reflects the installation and security provisions of MRIGlobal. Assists the Information Systems Security Manager with administration of the Information Systems Security Plan (ISSP)
- Monitors the annual identification revalidation of all active security information systems users and provides training on their responsibilities as users. Ensures that unauthorized personnel are not granted use of or access to an information system
- Documents all special security requirements identified by the Government Contracting Agency and the protection measures implemented to fulfill these requirements for the information contained in the Information System
- Assists with preparation of required security policies and procedures and regulatory agency inspections
- Provides security education briefs and supports the Security Awareness Program
- Must possess practical knowledge of and experience with JPAS, e-QIP, NISS, and DISS
- No degree required. Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or Criminal Justice, or related filed strongly preferred
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office and the ability to learn new software
- Experience with information systems/security procedures and classified documents
- Excellent written and oral reporting skills, interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization and external clients
- Experienced in working in a classified work space
- U.S. Citizenship required in order to obtain a security clearance
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance
- Ability to complete training by NSA and DSS
- Ability to work independently and contend with frequently changing priorities and deadlines
- Experience that can be a combination of related experience in industrial security and the U.S. military
- CSSO, PSO, FSO, or SSO training and certification
Physical Demands and Work Environment Requirements:
The physical requirements for the SSO position include the ability to climb a work ladder to check above ceiling tiles, the ability to carry/move large boxes of material and the ability to effectively operate safes.
It is the policy of MRIGlobal to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other applicable federal or state protected classification.
- Job Family Active
- Job Function 13-Clerks
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education High School