To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Columbus, GA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
PETROLEUM SUPPLY SPECIALIST
United States Army • Columbus, GA
Posted 1 month ago
Petroleum supply specialists are primarily responsible for supervising and managing the reception, storage and shipping of bulk or packaged petroleum-based products.JOB DUTIES
- Receive and stock bulk and package products
- Issue and dispense bulk fuels and water from storage and distribution facilities to using units
- Select and submit samples to laboratory for testing
- Perform petroleum and water accounting duties
- Operate equipment used with petroleum and water distribution system and multiproduct pipeline system
Those who want to serve must first take the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, a series of tests that helps you better understand your strengths and identify which Army jobs are best for you.TRAINING
Job training for a petroleum supply specialist requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and 11 weeks of Advanced Individual Training with on-the-job instructions. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and part in the field, including practice in using petroleum.
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- Operating airplane refueling systems and equipment
- Planning and scheduling petroleum transport
- Operating pumps, pipelines and tanker equipment
- Safety regulations and procedures for handling dangerous materials
- Testing oil and fuels
- Interest in shop mechanics and business math
- Ability to follow spoken instructions
- Enjoy physical work