To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Birmingham, AL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Product Development Engineer - Birmingham, AL
Hubbell Inc • Birmingham, AL
Posted 20 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
1615 Moores Street
Leeds, AL 35094
Product Development Engineer with focus on Medium and High Voltage connectors, will lead and participate in new product development for distribution, substation, transmission and communication market products. The Engineer will lead the commercialization process of new products from idea generation through product launch. The Engineer will also lead design to value projects for medium and high voltage connectors.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage New Product Development projects in the area of Medium - High Voltage and Communications market connectors.
- Work with marketing team members to assess customer feedback and align customer feedback to product development.
- Lead design to value projects to drive efficiency in current product designs
- Create, develop and evaluate new product design concepts following ANSI, IEC and IEEE standards.
- Conduct design for manufacturability events.
- Coordinate and perform experiments to test and verify product design.
- Track progress and action items for ongoing design projects.
- Participate in Kaizen improvement events.
- Assist in troubleshooting and root cause failure analysis for product enhancement.
- Attend seminars and conferences to be up-to-date on connector technology.
Skills and Experience
- BS in Mechanical, Electrical or Materials Engineering
- 5+ years of prior Engineering work experience in manufacturing or design or combination of both
- Must have experience and knowledge in testing and/or product development.
- Must have strong mechanical design background using strength of materials
- Must have strong experience working with test lab equipment
- Must have demonstrated project management experience
- Must possess strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must possess strong analytical skills.
- MS in Mechanical Engineering or similar
- Experience in FEA, Solid Modeling (AutoDesk Inventor), and rapid prototyping
- Experience in Sand Castings
Bachelors Degree in Engineering General
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.