Ritter Communications has been at the forefront of the local communications industry for more than a century. We began providing telephone service in Northeast Arkansas in 1906. Today, Ritter Communications serves 92 communities and more than 45,000 customers across Arkansas, northeast Texas, southeast Missouri, and west Tennessee. The company has grown steadily over the years, expanding rapidly and is now the largest privately-held regional broadband fiber, telecom, video and cloud services provider in the Mid-South. Ritter invests heavily in the communities it serves by deploying proven, best-in-class infrastructure and technology, while coupling it with a world-class customer focused experience.
We are looking for an experienced SMB Sales Representative to join our team!
The Small and Medium Business Sales Representative is responsible for the sale of data, voice, and video services to new and existing business customers in assigned markets. Responsible for prospecting and qualifying leads, upgrading current customers, promoting products and services, and closing sales with new or existing customers. This position is accountable for individual results and impact on team goals. Works under the direction of the Small/Medium Business Sales Manager to implement sales and marketing promotions to ensure the Company meets its growth targets.
Essential Job Functions:
- Meet or exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual sales expectations using consultative sales approach in a direct business to business sales environment;
- Compile lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads; identify opportunities to upgrade services for existing customers;
- Consult with potential customers about their applications and present solutions that meet their needs emphasizing marketable features, pricing options, and credit terms;
- Update and maintain CRM database and opportunity funnel on a daily basis, assuring that the CRM is accurate and customer orders are fulfilled;
- Ensure customer satisfaction and support a positive impression of Ritter Communications;
- Remain knowledgeable of products and services and remains aware of competitors' services, offers, and initiatives;
- Track and submit mileage, meals, and all other business related expenses for reimbursement;
- Travels to customer sites, project areas, business related events, and other Ritter Communications locations as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of telecommunications industry, operations, technology, and equipment;
- Knowledge of business sales principles and practices;
- Strong written communication and presentation skills;
- Ability to communicate with customers, employees, and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner;
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize multiple work assignments;
- Ability to pay close attention to detail;
- Ability to make sound decisions using information at hand;
- Ability to work with limited supervision;
- Ability to travel for business requirements; must possess a valid Driver’s License with a satisfactory driving record;
- Proficient in various computer applications including Microsoft Office.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred. Experience in sales within the telecommunications or information technology industries is preferred but not required.
Ritter Communications is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer; all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. M/F/D/V.
We strive to maintain a drug-free workplace.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including health, dental, vision, cancer, accident and life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, flexible spending accounts, free gym membership, company discounts, tuition reimbursement, paid training, paid leave, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)