ACTUAL JOB TITLE: BILLING AND REIMBURSEMENT SPECIALIST II
Job Profile Summary
Performs general accounts receivable functions in accordance with standard procedures. Verifies patient information, processes payments, files, prepares, and assists in report preparations. Researches any cash application problems.
Follows standard operating procedures to collect payment on basic outstanding claims in pursuit of reducing the company's accounts receivable. Requires basic knowledge of the billing and collection processes and general supervision for routine work.
• High School Diploma or GED Required.
• 2-3 years relevant experience.
• PC Skills including Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and Internet.
• Detail oriented and strong organizational skills.
• Self-starter and team player.
• Focus on quality and service.
• Demonstrated ability to meet multiple deadlines and manage a heavy workload.
• Integrity to handle sensitive or confidential information is critical.
Prepares and reviews claims to ensure billing accuracy.
• Pursues collection activities to obtain reimbursement from payers and/or patients.
• Frequent follow up with payers and/or patients on outstanding accounts.
• Escalates delinquent and/or complex claims to Sr. Billing & Reimbursement Specialists for appropriate action.