To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Loxley, AL 36551
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Data Support Specialist
Ace Hardware Corporation • Loxley, AL
Posted 19 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Data Support Specialist in our Loxley, AL Distribution Center, is responsible for all aspects of system set-up, computer set-up, installation, troubleshooting, service, upgrades, and maintenance. The position can also include handling how computers connect to each other or the rest of the network; printing, both locally and on the network. The position may require some physical activity such as lifting and moving computer equipment into place or crawling in tight spaces.
What you’ll do
- Problem tickets research, resolution or escalation
- Responds to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support
- Maintain company phone systems, data network, email and computers on a daily basis
- Assisting with telecommunication hardware/ software
- Identify, research and resolve technical problems
- Create user accounts and configure hardware as part of new hire process
- Manage and monitor internal assets to ensure accurate inventory records
- Fix PC, scanner or printer issues
- Other related duties may be assigned
What you need to succeed
- Associate degree in related field or equivalent experience preferred
- 1 – 2 years with computer hardware/software experience
- Must be problem solver, quick learner, dependable
- Strong verbal & written communication
- Skilled in Microsoft tools like Word, Excel, Outlook, etc
- Knowledge or experience with AS400 and SAP software a plus
- Ability to perform job functions with minimal supervision
The Benefits to You are Outstanding!
- Health Insurance: Support yourself and your family with Ace subsidized medical coverage and benefits along with dental, vision, prescription drug coverage, and flexible spending accounts.
- Paid Time Off: Generous paid time off program.
- 401K: Company match plus additional company contributions.
- Merchandise Discounts: Purchase products from the warehouse at a generous discounted rate.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Continue your education with a tuition reimbursement program.
We want to hear from you!
When most people think of career opportunities with Ace Hardware, they often think of the helpful cashiers and sales associates at their local store. However, have you also considered the people behind the scenes who select, promote, ship and process the invoices for more than 75,000 products? Maybe you haven't, but we'd like you to. Because together we help our customers take care of their homes. Come find out why a career with the Ace Hardware Corporation is one of America's best kept secrets.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ace Hardware Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to a policy of promoting equal employment opportunities. The company recognizes the importance of diversity and leveraging the skills and talents of all people to the mutual advantage of each individual and the organization. The company is committed to the prevention of employment discrimination related to race, religion, color, sex (including sexual harassment), gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability and military discharge, or any other action covered by federal or state laws.