When you work for AmeriGas, you become a part of something BIG! Founded in 1959, AmeriGas is the nation’s premiere propane company, serving over 2 million residential, commercial, industrial and motor fuel propane customers. Together, our 8,500 dedicated professionals will deliver 1.5 billion gallons of propane from 1,400 distribution points across the United States.
Job Summary (Purpose):
The Bottle Filler is responsible for removing empty motor fuel cylinders from the flat bed truck, filling the cylinder with liquid propane to set specifications and then loading the filled cylinder back onto the flat bed truck. All safety procedures and regulations must be adhered to at all times.
- Demonstrates a commitment to working and driving safely
- Must be a team player.
- Self-motivated such that when there are pockets of time, looks for other things that need to be done and addresses them.
- Being dependable and consistently at work when scheduled to work.
- Must be flexible and able to work a fluid schedule based on our customer and business needs. May need to work weekends and holidays as required by the business.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs all daily functions in a safe manner by adhering to all federal and state codes and regulations, in addition to all Metro Lift Safety and Operations Policies and Procedures including utilizing all Personal Protective Equipment
- Properly completes Bottle Filler Manifest legibly and in a timely manner
- Ensure the consistent quality of cylinders are being processed
- Load filled cylinders onto delivery truck(s) for the next day’s shipments
- Repairs and re-qualifies cylinders
- Other Duties as Assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be capable of lifting and filling bottles weighing up to 80 pounds each.
- Must be able to drive a manual and an automatic transmission.
- Ability to complete CETP training as required by DOT regulations.
Education and Experience Required:
- High School diploma or equivalency
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- 0 – 2 years related experience
- Will be required to work outside in any type of weather conditions
Disclaimer & Approvals
The above information on this description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
AmeriGas is a Drug Free Workplace. Candidates must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and a criminal background check. AmeriGas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.