To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Sarasota, FL 34232
- Andrew Machota
- Phone: 813-221-7930
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Randstad USA • Sarasota, FL
Posted 1 month ago
Global company is seeking a self-motivated full-time tax manager to assist and provide support in the following functions:
location: Sarasota, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 115,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 7 Years
- Tax provision: manage the quarterly and annual process from beginning to end, including but not limited to correspondence with external auditors and internally (e.g., corporate controller, internal auditor) and preparation of footnotes/MD&A language
- Tax compliance:
a) US and state income tax returns, including tracking depreciation schedules: manage work with external tax return preparer
b) Canadian returns (including GST/QST/HST: manage process related to monthly returns, audit coordination, leader on addressing/solving issues)
c) Sales and use tax returns - review the work prepared by staff and ensure timely completion
d) Property tax returns - review the work prepared by staff and ensure timely completion
e) Other international taxes - manage process with external third party provider, including correspondence and review of work
- Transfer pricing: quarterly computations, coordinate and review annual study
- Tax controversy: manage tax audits in various jurisdictions as they arise
- Tax Budgeting/Forecasting: manage process and calculations for management decisions
- Tax research and consulting (e.g., tax planning, mergers and acquisitions, other special projects)
- Process improvement: continuously identify ways to improve processes and automate them when possible, including collaboration with other departments to implement and achieve the improvements.
- Other tax projects/tasks as they arise
- BS in Accounting; CPA license
- 5 years of public accounting or equivalent industry experience
- Experience with tax provisions
- Great work ethics and desire to learn
- Experience preparing/reviewing Federal and state income tax returns
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel & Word
- Great interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and under time constraints
- Flexibility to adjust to the demands of tax compliance season and/or other urgent project timelines
- Masters in Taxation
- Canadian Taxation and International Taxation
- Experience with sales/use and property tax returns
- Experience using Longview and/or JD Edwards software
- Project management skills
skills: $100-250 million
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.