Who are we?
The Community Builders, Inc. (TCB) is an entrepreneurial real estate developer and owner. Our mission is to build and sustain strong communities where all people can thrive. We envision a world with vibrant, safe and inclusive neighborhoods where all people live in healthy homes with equitable access to resources and opportunities to pursue their dreams, and we work to make that vision a reality. Founded in 1964, TCB currently owns/manages 12,000+ units of rental housing across the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, and Midwest.
Why work at TCB?
Opportunity is not equally available across households and regions. America
has enormous racial and economic segregation because of government backed policies such as redlining, unequal access to nonpredatory homeownership loans, racial covenants and exclusionary zoning. As a result, quality housing in good neighborhoods with reasonable access to jobs is out of reach for many Americans. At the same time, many communities lack the necessary investments in housing, amenities, services and commercial development to provide a good quality of life. Over the next five years TCB aims to make vital contributions that address this fundamental opportunity gap, by adding to the stock of affordable quality homes and helping to provide services and amenities in thriving communities for all people.
The Finance Project Manager role at TCB
Are you a creative problem solver with a focus on positive outcomes? Do you enjoy working on tangible projects that make a financial and physical difference to the communities where we work? Do you bring a drive for results and a real desire to make a difference?
The Finance Department at TCB works closely with the Development team, Asset Management team, and other departments to build and sustain high-quality residential and mixed-use developments. Core functions include providing financial expertise to shape the financial structure and the process for securing and utilizing resources, managing financial partner relationships, and assessing and mitigating risk to TCB in deal structures. The open Finance Project Manager role will focus in two areas:
- Acquisitions: One way that TCB pursues our mission is by acquiring existing properties and adding or preserving affordability. We seek a team member to be responsible for driving this growing part of our business, in cooperation with Development colleagues across TCB's footprint.
- Portfolio recapitalization: TCB has a portfolio of over 160 properties that include an array of financing and legal structures. The Finance Project Manager will work with our Asset Management group to identify and implement strategies to maintain and enhance these properties.
TCB succeeds with diverse and inclusive teams
The Community Builders, Inc. is committed to ensuring diversity in its workplace, and candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. TCB's commitment to diversity is reflected at all levels of the company, including a Board of Director group which is 50%+ people of color and 40%+ female and for TCB staff Director and above is currently 40%+ people of color and 50%+ female. TCB's commitment to diversity is driven in part by the fact that TCB serves diverse communities, in many cities communities which are largely people of color. TCB will have greater credibility as a partner and a housing provider to the extent that our staff look more like the communities in which we operate.
What's in it for you – professional development
- You will be involved in varied developments from TCB's pipeline and portfolio, with exposure to diverse communities, geographies, and financial and legal structures. Learning and growth opportunities abound for all of us.
- You will work with a team of bright and dedicated individuals, whose creativity and persistence and get it done attitude make for an enriching work environment.
- TCB is part of a network of America's leading national nonprofit developers and owners so we learn not just from our own experience, but our peers as well. We are involved in advocacy at the federal, state, and local levels, using our experience to help shape public policy.
Here's what we're looking for
- A passion for real estate development
- A passion for helping to build strong communities for all people
- Solid analytical and financial modeling skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment and build relationships both internally and externally
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong aptitude at managing a varied workload including multiple projects
- Minimum of 4-6 years of experience in the real estate industry. Prior experience with Low Income Housing Tax Credits and affordable/mixed-income deal structures required.
- High comfort and ability with Microsoft Office, including Excel
For strongest consideration please submit a cover letter along with your resume
The Community Builders, Inc. is committed to ensuring diversity in its workplace, and candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.