Are you local to the San Francisco area or plan to move to the area soon? Do you have an understanding of the claim’s handling, processes and risk management? Do you understand incident/claim reporting and mitigation? Do you have experience working with many types of claims in many jurisdictions? Do you have experience with loss runs and claims data and the ability to challenge claim costs?
If you answered YES to all of these questions, AND, you have a desire and tenacity to work with others to educate, create and monitor claim processes, we want to hear from you!
For a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing agricultural products and services. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
The Claims Specialist will play a critical role in incident/claim reporting, handling and mitigation. The position will report to the Risk Finance & Insurance Manager. Under the direction of their manager, the position will handle and oversee the incident/claims process for enterprise-wide programs such as but not limited to Workers’ Compensation, Property, Automobile, General/Products liability, etc. The selected candidate will foster and maintain relationships with many levels within the organization as well as third-party partners such as brokers, claim administrators (TPA’s), outside counsel and insurers. The position will also be involved in varying degrees of developing, communicating, educating and monitoring of incident/claims reporting & handling processes and procedures.
Key Skills and Abilities include:
- 3-5 years of experience in claims handling management, subrogation and settlement negotiations.
- Interactions and relationships with brokers, TPA’s, etc.
- Interpersonal skills needed to maintain good working relationships with brokers, insurers, vendors, clients and all levels within the company.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong customer service skills and ability to influence without authority.
Key Personal Attributes Include:
- Strong sense of initiative to identify data solutions to business needs.
- Keen attention to detail and an attitude embracing error-free work products.
- Ability to work autonomously or with little supervision.
- Ability to communicate technical information among a wide audience.
- A demonstrated team approach with a personality easily integrated into the group.
- Results orientated and a self-starter.
- Ability to accommodate travel (less than 10%).
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include:
- Provide daily oversight of the entire claims process including the effective and timely processing of claims relating to Workers’ Compensation, Casualty, Automobile Liability, and other Corporate Risks.
- Coordinate and participate in quarterly claims review meetings.
- Assist with complex and ongoing claims and litigation matters.
- Assist in developing guidelines and procedures for incident reporting and claims handling.
- Support management of Third-party Administrators and designated adjuster teams.
- Collaborate on monthly Hi-Potential incident with Environmental, Health, Safety & Security team.
- Act as liaison with internal field/location operations management on:
- Timely claim reporting;
- Identification of trends;
- Case / Claim management;
- Finalization / Claim settlement.
- Prepare quarterly accounting loss reports.
- Coordinate with the Risk, Finance & Insurance Manager on deductible allocations, chargebacks, and provide feedback and guidance for actuarial analysis.
- Oversee data integrity of TPA ensuring certain required fields are accurate and updated based on the TPA claim investigation process.
- Assist with annual external audit questions regarding claims handling/management regarding captive and non-captive losses.
- Work with TPA on annual Stewardship analytics ensuring they have correct exposure and other data to provide actionable analytics.
- Update and pull reports from various Risk Management Information Systems (i.e. TPA System, RMIS/ EH MIS, etc.) as needed.
- Special projects, as needed.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive annual salary (to be determined based on experience and other factors).
- Comprehensive employee health and retirement benefit offerings.
- Relocation reimbursement is not included.
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed, and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over ninety-five years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit, and a dedication to quality work, our customers, and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry’s best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits, and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.
','EqualOpportunityEmployerDescription':'Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities',
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Attention To Detail