Unit Specific Performance Objectives
- Proficient with applicable nursing competencies.
- Assists clients with fulfilling special needs associated to their activities of daily living.
- Relates basic principles to Children & Adolescents:
- Developmental approach
- Use of children's therapeutic milieu
- Use of adolescent milieu program
- Level and point system
- Age appropriate therapeutic interventions
- Demonstrates the ability to therapeutically communicate with children, adolescents, and adults in confrontational situations
- Appropriate use of variance reports
- Location and use of policy books
- Identifies resources for patient/resident education
- Attends In-service and continuing education programs per hospital and unit guidelines
- Participates in required team meetings and with outside agencies as scheduled
- Demonstrates effective decision-making skills and sound clinical judgment
- Demonstrates knowledge of the unit's Performance Improvement Program (PI)
- Identifies areas of personal and unit practice needing improvement
- Recognizes age appropriate behaviors in the various stages of childhood, ages 12-17 years old
- Able to differentiate abnormal behavior from age appropriate behavior
- Maintains competence in identified universal core and critical competencies
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Participates in own performance process.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/SKILLS:
- High School Diploma and/or GED Equivalent
- Mental health experienced preferred.
- Must be knowledgeable of the developmental stages and behaviors for age group of assigned clients
- Knowledge of group dynamics preferred.
- CCM(Comprehensive Crisis Management) and CPR certification, renewed annually.
- Valid Act 34/34 clearances.
- Valid PA Driver's License.
- Must meet job competencies within 90 days of hire.
- Maintains competence in identified universal, core and critical competencies.
We are a Drug Free Workplace & an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
- Crisis Management
- Mental Health
- Group Dynamics
- Performance Improvement