To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Los Angeles, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Health Care Training Specialist
Interim HealthCare • Los Angeles, CA
Posted 14 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Immediate Full Time Placement
Job opportunity with nationally recognized leading provider in the developmentally disabled residential care market.
As a Training Specialist, you will be responsible for developing and conducting procedures with new hires to Chatsworth and Thousand Oaks residential homes and day programs. You will also provide remediation training related to all standard company policies and procedures, including critical skills related to safe and dignified client care and support.
Responsiblities for a Training Specialist include:
- Develops, implements, and maintains orientation modules for new hires at two day programs and several residential homes located in Chatsworth and Thousand Oaks
- Builds a framework to equip staff with the relevant knowledge and skills needed to work with and assist the participants of the day program and the residents in the homes; and develops methods to improve employee retention and job satisfaction
- Trains House Managers, Lead Staff, and Instructors annually on all standard protocols related to staff and client safety
- Presents and makes recommendations regarding course design, technology, and instructional delivery options to best achieve the learning objectives
- Develops models for remediation and re-training to address performance issues with employees
- Coordinates support and consultation with Program Managers and Administrators when working with the staff and clients of each Day Program or residential facility to develop and implement required training modules
- Documents all training procedures, including maintaining records of formal and informal training sessions provided, and employee participation
- Works with Administrators and Program Managers to create employee objectives for success according to job descriptions and critical areas of training
- Performs all related responsibilities and substitutes positions in emergencies and as assigned by supervisor
- Competitive Salary & Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Health Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Paid Holidays
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Sick Leave Benefits
- Retirement Plan
Interim HealthCare is America's leading provider of home care, hospice and healthcare staffing. We offer one of the most comprehensive selections of career opportunities in the industry ranging from per diem to full-time.
If you're looking for a stable career opportunity, look no further. We offer the freedom of a flexible work schedule combined with the security of working for an established company. Nationally, Interim HealthCare has been providing great jobs to great people for 50 years and there are more than 300 offices across the country. That kind of stability combined with our commitment to integrity makes us your perfect career partner.
Interim HealthCare® is an equal opportunity employer who does not discriminate against applicants, employees or clients on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other category protected by the law, or patients' decisions regarding advance directives. Each Interim HealthCare office is independently owned and operated. Not all services are available at all offices. ©2015 Interim HealthCare Inc.
Job Requirements for a Training Specialist include:
- Must be over 18 years of age
- A Bachelor’s degree in Health and Human Services or related field is highly preferred
- Minimum 2 years of experience providing training and supervision to staff is required
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with people with disabilities is highly preferred
- Must be able to present information, processes and procedures to individuals and groups in an effective manner
- Must be able to lift (50) pounds
- Ability to communicate and work professionally and cooperatively with others
- Ability to successfully pass pre-employment screening requirements, including criminal background check, drug screening, physical exam, and provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States
- Ability to run, push, pull, bend, squat, kneel, lift, and transfer clients (with assistance of others and mechanical lift)Qualifications