Beacon Roofing Supply, Inc. (Allied Building Products) is one of the largest distributors of residential and non-residential roofing and complementary building products in North America. Beacon currently has over 550 locations in 50 US states and 6 Canadian provinces and more than 8,500 employees. We are known throughout the building supply industry for having quality people, quality service and quality building products.
Beacon Roofing Supply is publicly traded on the NASDAQ stock market under the symbol BECN. In June of 2006, Beacon Roofing Supply was named to the NASDAQ Global Select Market.
We are currently seeking a CDL Class A or B Crane Operator in Long Island to ensure the accurate, efficient, and safe delivery of merchandise to job sites.
Drive your way to a new career!
Like to be outside and not stuck in an office? As one of our drivers, you’ll work close to home and have your nights and weekends free. Enjoy competitive pay and comprehensive benefits. Experienced, safety conscious, and customer-focused drivers encouraged to apply!
What can I expect?
- Competitive pay
- Strong medical plans
- Job security
What will I be doing?
As a full-time driver, you’ll travel locally to deliver building materials to our customers, while adhering to and understanding safety policies and regulations. A clean driving record and top-notch customer service skills are a must! We’re looking for experienced Truck Drivers with their CDL A or B driver license and NCCCO Crane Certification.
- Pre-inspect truck, load with materials and verify load for accuracy
- Set up job perimeters, inspect site to ensure a safe environment to unload
- Unload truck at site –involves lifting of heavy shingles and use of heavy equipment
- Drive crew to site and guide helper to ensure safe unloading
- Communicate regularly with dispatcher to ensure timely product delivery at job site
- Communicate potential on-site hazards to branch management
- Keep logbook up-to-date at all times
- Adhere to and understand safety policies and regulations
- Perform other duties as assigned
- CDL Class A or B driver license in good standing
- NY State and National Crane Certification; NCCCO (we will put the right candidate through city training if needed)
- Drivers must be 21 years of age or older
- Will need to drive 10-speed manual transmission truck
- Must be able to lift 75+ lbs repeatedly throughout the day when needed
- Will need to have 12 months of varifiable driving experience with current commercial license
- Experience handling building materials
Commercial Driver's License (Cdl)