To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Hoffman Estates, IL
- Claire's Inc.
- Phone: 8477652547
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Claire's • Hoffman Estates, IL
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Director, Franchise Opportunity
About The Role
The primary function of the Franchise department is to deliver a commercially focused and balanced product range for Claire's (and Icing) that meets the customer needs. This will be achieved through the delivery of the Global Company and departmental strategy, incorporating supporting departmental best practices.
- Build partnership with each franchise team to adapt the Claire's model to the individual markets while maintaining the core principles of the Claire's brand
- Ability to effectively manage discussions and issues via email, conference calls, and in-person visits both on buy trips and in market
- Partner with franchise to assort an appropriate line of product for their market
- Represent changing trends/strategies of the Claire's business, provide reasonable assistance to overcome obstacles in supplying regulated categories, and continually look for new opportunities to grow the business
- Ability to strategize and speak to long term plan for each market; progress to be monitored weekly with regular updates made to reflect current strategy along with roadmap to achieving, if not exceeding, annual plan goals
- Speak to financial risks and opportunities in divisional forecast meetings along with time and action of any necessary follow ups
- Oversee inventory management and allocation strategy by market through management of team Allocator
- Ensure proper inventory levels are maintained both at a total level and by store - this includes store grading management, store group and model review, along with annual sales curve specific to each market's individual events and holidays
- Ensure timely and accurate order writing by market through management of team Assistant Buyer
- Engage weekly with partners to fill budgets through new offerings, filling buy trip orders, as well as ensuring core reorders on best sellers are filled; work with Buying Manager and vendors to confirm order requirements (cost, retail, receipt date, ticketing, etc.) are met for assigned categories and personal markets
- Provide regular and constructive feedback relevant for current projects as well as in line with achieving annual objectives
- Assist as necessary in communicating necessary actions with partners to clear outstanding issues and follow up with team once regular activity may resume
Qualifications + Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred, ideally a fashion related degree such as a BA in Design, Fashion Journalism, Fashion and Marketing or Buying and Merchandising Management
- 3-4 years of retail buying/planning experience in specialty retail, preferably fashion or accessories
- High level of business acumen and demonstrated problem solving skills
- Strong negotiation, timely decision making, organization and analytical skills
- Ability to collaborate cross functionally and motivate at all levels to drive product
- Ability to think clearly and strategically in a high energy, fast paced environment
- Passion for fashion, current trends and how they apply to our friends
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- International flair with cultural depth and understanding
- Acute sense of brand and customer base
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- 10 % Travel (Domestic & International)