The CAD Operator provides computer aided design (“CAD”) drafting and detailing for the development of more complex modification drawings for guyed, self-supporting and monopole towers and foundations. The incumbent also provides drafting and fabrication detailing for tower modifications, mount analysis, rigging plans, construction drawings and any other CAD services as required by the Engineering group. Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Prepare modification drawings that include upgrades, extensions and reinforcements to towers, mounts, platforms and foundations.
• Prepare other drawings and CAD products as needed by Engineering.
• Create preliminary bills of materials, quantity estimates, and fabrication drawings for proposed reinforcing projects for budget estimates.
• Collaborate on design matters with engineering staff.
• Provide training and direction to less experienced CAD operators.
• Develop CAD library of previous modification and extension templates to optimize design effort.
• Perform detailed QA/QC of drawings.
• Coordinate CAD services with administrative staff to ensure all work is completed and submitted for billing on a timely basis.
• Evaluate work priorities within the appropriate work queues and aligns resources to meet required work cycle times.
• Design, development and layout of construction drawings supporting telecommunication towers and various supporting telecommunications infrastructure. This may include electrical schematic plans, tower elevations, shelters, innovation shelters, outdoor cabinets, platforms, rooftops, alarm schedules, overall site plans, compound plans and electrical/civil details.
• Conduct periodic site visits to ensure to proper implementation of turnkey construction jobs.
• Adhere to applicable safety and OSHA procedures.
Other duties as assigned
Skills and Experience
•Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred.
•1+ year of experience in the telecommunications industry
•1+ year of experience in the field of engineering
•1+ year of experience with AutoCAD required
•Prior experience with 2D and 3D preferred
•Must have a working knowledge of proper engineering layout techniques
•Must have a working knowledge of proper steel detailing
•Must have a working knowledge of structural components and design methods.
•Customer Service – Responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve partnership
•Ability to develop and produce structural modification drawings and be accurate and detail oriented.
•Proficient in computer software programs, including AutoCAD and the Microsoft office suites
•Communication Skills – Excellent communication skills; speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; demonstrates group presentation skills
•Planning/Organizing – Excellent time management; organizational; plans work activities; sets goals and objectives; develops realistic action plans; completes
•Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; keeps commitments
Product Quality Assurance