The warehouse worker uses Vocollect electronic headset to receive orders verbally and ensure correct selection while performing order selection duties. Major order selector responsibilities include the manual lifting of cases to build stable loads on pallets, and handling cases of product from various positions including reaching above the head. The order selector is evaluated by speed and accuracy of selection along with adherence of safety guidelines.
Interested candidates will have the opportunity to move into a full-time schedule once they are trained to work in multiple areas of the warehouse and will receive an increase to $19.97/hour! Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Receives, stores, and/or selects various grocery, perishable, general merchandise. products or supplies from warehouse stock.
- Transports product throughout the warehouse via pallet jack of forklift.
- Works in a fast paced environment with varying temperatures.
- Assists other departments with work activities when required.
- Promotes good working relationships by maintaining a courteous and friendly manner.
- Maintains order selection performance standards of speed and accuracy with minimum damage.
- Attends work regularly and on time as scheduled.
- Ensures the correct labels are on the correct pallet.
Why Work for SUPERVALU?
- Must be 18 years or older.
- High school diploma desired.
- Warehouse and/or pallet jack experience preferred.
- Previous order selection, warehouse experience such as shipping or receiving, or experience in a physically demanding position is preferred.
- Must be willing to consent to background check, drug screen, and physical capacities test.
- Must be able to lift up to 80 pounds, frequent bending, stooping and lifting.
- Must have the ability to work in various temperatures from -20 to 80 degrees.
- Must be able to work the required schedule and/or overtime, which could involve nights, holidays or weekends.
As one of the largest grocery wholesalers and retailers in the United States, SUPERVALU is dedicated to feeding our communities by providing innovative, customer-centric solutions. We deliver on that promise every day through a strong network of 30,000 talented employees who supply the best national brands and our own high-quality and affordable private label products to thousands of customers, and millions of consumers, nationwide. With a wide variety of services and industry leading expertise, SUPERVALU offers you the opportunity to shape the food industry through every stage of your career.
A GREAT PLACE TO GROW!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status. SUPERVALU is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.