We are a global team of 6000 visionaries, doers, and makers. Our portfolio of over 25 brands touches lives in more than 50 countries. Together, we reimagine good mornings and endless summers, beauty and bonding, confidence and determination.
The Sr Category Development Manager is responsible for leading Wet Shave (Branded and Private Brands) category-focused business analysis, shopper insights and go-to-market strategic framework to deliver Edgewell Personal Care’s Wet Shave business objectives (e.g. revenue, volume and marketing objectives). This is achieved primarily through the application of analytical and insight tools to business opportunities or issues. The Sr Category Development Manager has in-depth knowledge of retailers and the buying dynamics and motivations of their shoppers. This colleague excels in the integration of retailer and consumer/shopper information to build factual based selling stories or plans that are used to improve Wet Shave’s business performance.
Through thought leadership, this position informs and inspires the Commercial Organization, primarily the Wet Shave Marketing teams. The position has shared accountability for Wet Shave Branded and Private Brand business results. The colleague in this position is responsible for collaborating with various internal functions (Marketing, Sales Operations, Demand Planning, Global Consumer Insights, Finance) and the Category Activation team to develop customized Shave (Branded & PBG) category solutions to activate growth. This colleague is a results-oriented leader and a strategic thinker who works well with others.
- Provides thought leadership in identifying Wet Shave category growth opportunities with Top 10 retailers and remainder of the retailer base.
- Leads discovery and articulation of new shopper or consumer insight and the business opportunities derived from them. Ensures learning are understood by the Brand teams.
- Drives the “Items at Risk” process and then partners with Marketing to develop action plans.
- Participates in identifying and/or defining customer shopper segmentation and targeting strategies through understanding of dynamics such as “loyalty” (shopping frequency and expenditures) or “lifestyles” (segments who buy products with a certain profile) and supplementing behavioral understanding with discovery of needs and insight.
- Collaborates in setting go-to-market strategies by providing guidance to the Wet Shave Marketers (Branded and Private Brands) through identifying and then articulating key opportunities, issues and knowledge gaps.
- Leads development of Private Brands national selling materials.
- Leads development of Wet Shave merchandising principles that are executed by the Category Activation team.
- Monitor and communicates to the Commercial organization changes in the consumer and competitive environment to capitalize on opportunities for our retailers and Edgewell Personal Care.
- Works with Marketing, Senior Category Managers, Sales Operations and Category Activation to create key selling initiatives and branded sales priorities.
- Responsible for using category and shopper insights to determine largest selling opportunities for Shave (Branded and PBG) categories and Edgewell Personal Care.
- Uses business knowledge and strategic thinking ability to direct the interpretation, use, and implications of shopper, marketplace, competitive and environmental information to improve business decisions and knowledge base for future strategic planning.
- Guide marketing plans incorporating in-market empirical learning including impact of macro-environmental factors.
- Works across the Category Activation, Marketing and Global Consumer Insight teams to develop research projects.
- Ensures that conclusions and business recommendations for all research conducted are clearly communicated, bringing them to bear on all business issues and opportunities and shares responsibility with Marketing for recommendations being converted to business decisions.
- Has base of credibility as a “business partner” (vs. “data or information provider”).
- Is an expert on retailers and shoppers. Fully understands shopper insights, understands the motivations of shoppers/ consumers in different shopping situations and recommends appropriate actions to be taken by the retailer and Edgewell.
- Plays a leadership role in category management initiatives, conducting category management reviews, analyzing business issues, and providing business insights and recommendations to improve business results.
- Ensures that appropriate retailer, consumer, and category insight are delivered for fact-based decision-making.
- Provides input into the development of new, improved marketing research tools, methods, and processes.
- Identifies information needs and provides short and long-term learning plans.
- Uncovers learning gaps and establishes short- and long-term learning agenda priorities that are consistent with business goals and team development objectives.
- Identifies and shares “best practices,” and drives cost effectiveness and overall value of research to the customer team through creative research design, new use and application of existing information for business needs, and proactive identification of knowledge gaps and ways to address them.
- Provides seasoned leadership in acquisition, analysis, and integration of shopper information for customer planning, forecasting, and evaluation of key strategies/tactics.
- Seeks out innovative new approaches to address business issues, lead to the improvement of research methodology
- Ensures proper focus and prioritization of shopper research resources against needs and help ensure that the right “team” resources from other functions are brought forward. Directs team to that end.
- Directs the activities of supplier resources where applicable (i.e. TABS, Nielsen).
- Assists in improving EPC’s information infrastructure.
- Actively seeks to eliminate “lower value” work.
Edgewell is an equal opportunity employer, and we prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.