Make your mark in broadcasting and digital media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Broadcast Group’s ONE Media 3.0 organization are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
ONE Media is seeking a self-starting Broadcast/Multimedia Product Manager to work in its ONE Media “NextGen” innovations group. The candidate will be responsible for acting on technical activities coordinated by the President. The role is responsible for the product planning, promotion, and execution throughout the product life cycle, including: gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with engineering, sales, marketing and support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met.
The Product Manager's job also includes ensuring that the product supports the company's overall strategy and goals. The candidate has every opportunity to grow as Sinclair implements NextGen technology in its business operations and develops extensions for a Next Generation Broadcast Platform.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Define the product strategy and roadmap, including potential vendor alignments
- Control and manage product development process for time to market
- Deliver products with prioritized features and corresponding justification
- Work with external third parties, vendors, or customers to assess partnerships and business opportunities
- Run beta and pilot programs with early-stage products and samples
- Train internal and global sales/FAE to be able to promote and bring products to the market successfully
- Be an expert with respect to the competition
- Act as a leader within the company
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Formal education and knowledge of broadcast/multimedia or wireless communications
- A bachelor or master’s degree in electrical engineering (EE) is preferred
- Minimum of 3+ years’ experience as a Product Manager or similar role
- Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent products
- Technical background, with experience in OEM/ODM project support
- Can effectively organize, prioritize, and respond to tasks and testing schedules with colleagues and vendors
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Hands-on test and validation skill/experience in wireless related products/instrumentation
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office productivity and collaboration software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to travel 20% of the time
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Customer Relationship Management