To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Los Angeles, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Assistant. Meal Ordering
Gate Gourmet • Los Angeles, CA
Posted 26 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Assistant. Meal Ordering
Discover the Difference You Can Make at Gate Gourmet
Gate Gourmet, a gategroup company, is the world’s largest independent provider of catering and provisioning services for the airline industry. For the past 70 years, we have served over 250 carriers in more than 30 countries. Gate Gourmet combines culinary expertise with the highest standards of food safety and production to deliver delicious, healthy, and affordable meals to over 270 million travelers around the globe.
We are currently looking for a an Assistant. Meal Ordering to join our team based in Los Angeles, CA. Reporting to the Dir. Assembly; the Meal Ordering Assisatnt is responsible to ensure that products produced are on airline specification, periodically weigh products, ensure sample meals are correct and overall HACCP, FDA, and GGI policies and procedures are followed in the productions areas. Position is located by the LAX Airport. We are a 24/7 operation so flexibility with schedule is a must!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive and prepare work orders and inform personnel regarding flight updates such as flight finals, increases, additional flights and the like
- Generates billing information against flight finals for invoicing purposes
- Answers all incoming telephone calls and dispatches calls appropriately.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Unit Manager.
- High school diploma
- 1 year of general office experience
- Must be detail oriented and organized
- Must have very good basic math skills
- Some computer knowledge required
- Good work attendance and work performance
- Effective oral communication skills
- Normal office environment
Demonstrated Competencies to be Successful in the Position:
- Thinking - Information search and analysis, problem resolution skills
- Engaging - understanding others, team leadership, developing people
- Inspiring - influencing and building relationships, motivating and inspiring, communicating effectively
- Achieving - delivering business results under pressure, championing performance improvement, customer focus
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Candidates will be required to go through Pre-employment drug screen, criminal background check, and/or airport fingerprinting.
Gategroup is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status or other category under applicable law.
For further information regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, copy and paste the following URL into your web browser: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf .
Keywords: Hospitality, Manufacturing, Food Service, Administrative, data entry, clerical support, Admin Clerk, Data entry Clerk